U.S. Snowboarding Names Team
COPPER MOUNTAIN, CO (Nov. 27) – Olympic medalists Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT), Gretchen Bleiler, (Aspen, CO), and Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) headline the 2014 U.S. Snowboarding team, which also includes slopestyle athletes Chas Guldemond (Reno, NV), Sage Kotsenburg (Park City, UT) and Eric Willett (Breckenridge, CO). Slopestyle will make its Olympic debut this February in Sochi. With an impressive roster of 32 athletes, the team will begin its season and Olympic qualifying period at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships at Breckenridge Dec. 12-15 followed by the FIS World Cup and Sprint U.S. Grand Prix at Copper Mountain Dec. 19-22. Members of the team will be on hand Saturday, Nov. 30 at Copper Mountain, CO for the Woodward Remix Weekend–home of the only Olympic-sized halfpipe currently open in the U.S.
- U.S. Snowboarding named 32 athletes to its 2014 teams, including Olympic gold medalist Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT), Olympic silver medalist Gretchen Bleiler (Aspen, CO) and Olympic bronze medalist Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH).
- World Snowboard Tour champion Chas Guldemond (Reno, NV), four-time X Games medalist Eric Willett (Breckenridge, CO) and 2011 Dew Tour overall slopestyle champion Sage Kotsenburg (Park City, UT) lead the slopestyle team and the Olympics’ newest discipline.
- The Olympic qualifying period begins Dec. 12-15 at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships at Breckenridge.
- Copper Mountain will host the second halfpipe and slopestyle FIS World Cup/Olympic qualifying event, the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix, on Dec. 19-22.
- The U.S. Olympic team qualifying events pick back up in January with the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix in Northstar, CA Jan. 9-12 and the final event in Mammoth, CA Jan. 15-18.
- Members of the team will be on hand Saturday, Nov. 30 for the Woodward Remix Weekend at Copper Mountain, CO to open the newly renovated Woodward at Copper.
Mike Jankowski, Head U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Coach
It's such an exciting time for U.S. Snowboarding right now with next-level halfpipe runs and the slopestyle team getting its first shot at Olympic medals. This group of riders has truly shaped what U.S. Snowboarding is all about and is blazing a path into the future. I have to give all my respect to them for their hard work and true dedication to the sport of snowboarding.
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Team Roster
Name (Hometown; Club) Date of Birth * Denotes Olympian
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Halfpipe Pro Team
Greg Bretz (Mammoth Lakes, CA; Mammoth Charter School) 12/19/90 *
Matt Ladley (Chicago, IL; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 5/17/91
Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) 11/12/87 *
Benji Farrow (Ludlow, VT; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 3/8/92
Louie Vito (Sandy, UT) 3/20/88 *
Luke Mitrani (Bondville, VT) 7/20/90
Gretchen Bleiler (Aspen, CO; Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club) 4/10/81 *
Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT; Mount Snow Academy) 7/26/83 *
Arielle Gold (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 5/4/96
Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, CA; American School) 8/17/89 *
Ellery Hollingsworth (Darien, CT; Stratton Mountain School) 9/2/91
Hannah Teter (Belmont, VT; Okemo Mountain School) 1/27/87 *
Maddy Schaffrick (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 4/24/94
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Slopestyle Pro Team
Eric Beauchemin (Grand Blanc, MI; Stratton Mountain School) 1/14/91
Chas Guldemond (Reno, NV) 4/22/87
Sage Kotsenburg (Park City, UT) 7/27/93
Ryan Stassel (Anchorage, AK; Auburn Ski Club) 10/23/92
Eric Willett (Breckenridge, CO) 1/2/88
Jessika Jenson (Rigby, ID) 8/7/91
Jordie Karlinski (Snowmass Village, CO; Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club) 8/24/89
Ty Walker (Stowe, VT; USSA Team Academy) 3/3/97
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Halfpipe Rookie Team
Nik Baden (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 1/3/98
Taylor Gold (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 11/17/93
Ben Ferguson (Bend, OR) 1/21/95
Gabe Ferguson (Bend, OR) 4/16/99
Chase Josey (Hailey, ID; Sun Valley Education Foundation) 3/31/95
Kyle Mack (West Bloomfield, MI) 7/6/97
Chloe Kim (La Palma, CA; Mammoth Mountain Snowboard Team) 4/23/00
Maddie Mastro (Wrightwood, CA) 2/22/00
Serena Shaw (Stratton Mountain, VT; Stratton Mountain School) 1/22/95
Mike Jankowski, U.S. Snowboarding Halfpipe and Slopestyle Head Coach
Rick Bower, U.S. Snowboarding Pro Halfpipe Coach
Tommy Czeschin, U.S. Snowboarding Assistant Pro Halfpipe Coach
Bill Enos, U.S. Snowboarding Pro Slopestyle Coach
Spencer Tamblyn, U.S. Snowboarding Rookie Coach
U.S. Snowboarding Staff
Jeremy Forster, U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Director
Abbi Nyberg, U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Program Manager
Kate Morton, U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Team Manager
Dave Coombs, U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Slopestyle Technician
Stu Soars, U.S. Snowboarding Halfpipe Technician
Jen Naughton, U.S. Snowboarding Physical Therapist
Jason Switzer, U.S. Snowboarding Physical Therapist
Official U.S. Snowboarding Suppliers
Wax, Tools, Training Devices and Accessories
HELP THE TEAM
U.S. Snowboarding relies solely on the support of the American public. Click here to support the team.