Two Wins for Borm at Rev Tour
MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN, CA (Feb. 12, 2015) – The third stop of the U.S. Revolution tour took place at Mammoth Mountain, CA, Feb. 8-11, with U.S. Freeskiing rookie team member Willie Borm (Chaska, MN) taking home top honors in both slopestyle skiing and the first-ever Rev Tour big air. Birk Irving (Winter Park, CO) took home his second Rev Tour halfpipe win of the season and Colby Stevenson (Park City, UT) grabbed another podium for the rookie team, finishing second in big air.
“The jump was really good,” said Borm. “They changed it from slopestyle, made it a little more poppy and gave it a steeper landing. It was on point for big air.”
Borm also claimed the top slopestyle spot in Mammoth’s legendary Unbound terrain park, linking together a technical rail section with two double corks.
Irving landed a stacked run in Mammoth’s 22-foot pipe, besting Colby Stevenson and Jake Mageau with three 900s and two 1080s to take home his third Rev Tour win of the season.
“In qualifiers I didn’t have as high of a score as I wished I’d had,” said Irving “The other guys were skiing so well and I was hoping to get on the podium but I did not expect first place.”
The U.S. Revolution Tour finale takes place Mar. 9-11 at Mount Hood Meadows, OR.
- Willie Borm took home wins in slopestyle and big air at the U.S. Revolution tour stop in Mammoth.
- Birk Irving picked up his third U.S. Revolution Tour win this season with top honors in halfpipe.
- This is the first time the U.S. Revolution Tour has hosted a big air event.
- Borm’s winning slopestyle run: right 270 on pretzel 270 out on the down bar, on the up-down rail front swap pretzel 270, going switch into cannon inward rodeo 6 blunt, switch double cork 900, right double cork tail.
- Irving’s winning halfpipe run: Left 1080, switch right 900, switch left 900, switch right 720, left 900, right 1080
Willie Borm, Men’s slopestyle and big air winner
I’m just looking forward to skiing, I have a lot more competitions to go and hopefully I end up on the podium some more. I love Mammoth, it’s awesome. I’m never disappointed come here. It’s the best place on earth.
My trick in big air was a Switch double misty 1260. I’ve never done it in my life before and I was stoked to land it. The jump was really good. They changed it from slopestyle, made it a little more poppy and gave it a steeper landing. It was on point for big air. The other competitors were going all out today. I really had to up my game and I’m stoked for everyone who competed.
Birk Irving, Halfpipe men’s winner
Today was great! In qualifiers I didn’t have as high of a score as I wished I’d had. The other guys were skiing so well and I was hoping to get on the podium but I did not expect first place. Everyone is super nice here at Mammoth. It’s super warm and the pipe is great.