Shiffrin Featured on Just Women's Sports Podcast with Kelley O'Hara
Two-time Olympic champion and Land Rover ambassador Mikaela Shiffrin recently joined American soccer player, two-time FIFA Women's World Cup champion, and Olympic gold medalist Kelley O'Hara on the Just Women's Sports podcast to talk about her love of training, handling pressure, and overcoming heartbreak.
Record-breaking ski racer Mikaela Shiffrin sits down with Kelley to talk about the influence of her family on her ski career, how she built her foundation by focusing on training rather than competing (and why, if she could, she’d only train), why she never felt pressure as a teen prodigy but does so now, how she recovered from a near-crash to win Olympic gold, what made the 2018 Olympics such a complicated experience, her record-breaking 2019 season, and what she’s learned about herself in the wake of her father’s passing.
- 2x Olympic gold medalist (2018, 2014)
- Olympic silver medalist (2018)
- 5x World Champion (4 Slalom, 1 Super G)
- 3x Overall World Cup champion
- Most World Cup wins in a season (17)
- Most all-time World Cup slalom wins (43)
- 2nd most all-time World Cup wins by a female skier (66)
- Youngest slalom champion in Olympic history