Live TV from Beaver Creek World Cups
BEAVER CREEK, CO (Nov. 26) – American ski racing fans will be treated to LIVE U.S. TV coverage when the Audi FIS Alpine World Cup comes to Beaver Creek, CO later this week. The broadcast package with NBC and NBCSN features the most extensive live coverage ever in America. Racing begins on Friday, Nov. 29 when the Best in the World women’s speed team tests “Raptor,” the world’s newest women’s downhill live on the NBCSN. The following weekend, Olympic Champion Ted Ligety (Park City, UT) will be live on NBC, looking for a fourth straight year winning in giant slalom. Five of the six World Cup races at Beaver Creek will be televised live in the USA. In addition to live coverage on NBC and NBCSN, both Universal Sports Network and NBCSN will deliver encore presentations of many of the competitions.
- The most extensive package of live coverage ever will be featured as the Audi FIS Alpine World Cup comes to Beaver Creek, CO in late November and early December.
- NBC and NBCSN will combine for five live shows and one same-day broadcast, a total of 8.5 hours of live or same-day coverage for the weekend.
- The Best in the World women’s speed team tests the brand new 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships speed track live on NBCSN in the Friday, Nov. 29 downhill.
- Budding superstar Mikaela Shiffrin (Eagle-Vail, CO) will highlight Sunday, Dec. 1 live coverage on NBC as she guns for her first giant slalom podium of her young career.
- Olympic Champion Ted Ligety (Park City, UT) will look to take a Beaver Creek giant slalom win for the fourth-straight year live on NBC Sunday, Dec. 8.
- Bode Miller is featured in LIVE coverage of the Audi Birds of Prey men's downhill on Saturday, Dec. 7.
- The races will kickoff the downhill racing season for both men and women leading up to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games and are selection events for the Sochi team.
- It will also be a debut test for the new women’s Raptor downhill leading up to next year’s 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships.
- Globally, daily action will be carried live around the world to tens of millions of homes.
- In addition to live coverage on NBC and NBCSN, both Universal Sports Network and NBCSN will deliver encore presentations of the women’s giant slalom, men’s super G and men’s downhill.
- Universal Sports Network will show LIVE coverage of the men’s downhill test runs at Beaver Creek on Thursday, Dec. 5. both on-air and online at universalsports.com.
LIVE BROADCAST SCHEDULE
Nature Valley Raptor – Audi FIS Alpine World Cup
Fri. Nov. 29, 12:30-2:00 p.m. EST – Women’s downhill – LIVE – NBCSN
Sat. Nov. 30, 12:30-2:00 p.m. EST – Women’s super G – LIVE – NBCS
Sun. Dec. 1, 2:30-4:00 p.m. EST – Women’s giant slalom – LIVE - NBC
Audi Birds of Prey – Audi FIS Alpine World Cup
Thur. Dec. 5, 12:30-2:00 p.m. EST – Men’s downhill training – LIVE – Universal Sports
Fri. Dec. 6, 10:00-11:00 p.m. EST – Men’s super G – SAME DAY – NBCSN
Sat. Dec. 7, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EST – Men’s downhill – LIVE – NBCSN
Sun. Dec. 8, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EST – Men's weekend highlights - NBC
Sun. Dec. 8, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EST – Men’s giant slalom – LIVE - NBC
Tues. Dec. 10, 7:00-8:00 p.m. EST – Men’s super G – Universal Sports Network
Wed. Dec 11, 6-30-8:00 p.m. EST – Women's giant slalom – Universal Sports Network
Sun. Dec. 22, 9:00-10:00 a.m. EST – Men's downhill – Universal Sports Network
Bill Marolt, President and CEO, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association
Our partnership with NBC and NBCSN has helped us to dramatically elevate the coverage of ski racing and our sport’s heroes. Live coverage from Beaver Creek will bring greater credibility and showcase our stars to fans across the country leading up to the Olympics in Sochi.
Michael Jaquet, Chief Marketing Officer, U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association
The commitment of NBC and NBCSN to this historic live event coverage package from Beaver Creek is a real testament to the growing marketing power of our athletes and the U.S. Ski Team brand. In an Olympic season and just a year out to the World Championships in Vail and Beaver Creek, it’s a great opportunity to showcase the high-speed action of alpine ski racing and the personalities of great champions like Lindsey Vonn, Bode Miller, Ted Ligety, Julia Mancuso and Mikaela Shiffrin.
NBC, Jon Miller, President, Programming, NBC and NBCSN
The Audi FIS Alpine World Cup features the best ski racers in the world. This is a great example of how the unique assets of the NBC Sports Group – broadcast and cable - can work together to provide comprehensive coverage of a prestigious event.
Mike Imhof, Senior Vice President of Sales and Operations, Vail Valley Foundation
Our World Cup television distribution has always been solid in the past, but now it is great! We have always desired live coverage, which lends credibility to the sport and our event. Our partner and the domestic rights holder, the USSA, did a superb job with our television distribution platform this year. We are truly thrilled about the expanded American audience we will reach with the Nature Valley Raptor women’s races and Audi Birds of Prey men’s competitions.
HELP THE TEAM
The U.S. Ski Team relies solely on the support of the American public. Click here to support the team.