Bingham Named to Key USSA Sales Position
PARK CITY, UT (Jan. 24) – Brook Bingham, an experienced professional sports sales leader, has been named as director, sponsorship sales for the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association. Bingham, a ski and outdoor industry veteran and most recently director, corporate partnerships for the highly successful Major League Soccer team, Real Salt Lake, will be responsible for overseeing all new corporate partnership sales for the USSA including its sport brands U.S. Ski Team, U.S. Snowboarding and U.S. Freeskiing, reporting to USSA’s Chief Marketing Officer, Michael Jaquet.
- The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association named Brook Bingham as director, sponsorship sales. He will oversee all of the USSA’s new and renewing corporate partnership sales.
- Bingham brings 16 years of regional and national sales and marketing experience, including eight years as director, corporate partnerships for one of Major League Soccer’s most respected franchises, Real Salt Lake.
- He was on the original Real Salt Lake partnership team and played a key role in the organization being among top five revenue producers in the league.
- The USSA has one of the largest and most robust corporate partnership programs of any Olympic sport governing body. Included in the assets are highly successful national teams in seven different sports, two dozen major international events, over 30 hours of national broadcast on NBC, NBC Sports Network and Universal Sports Network, plus a burgeoning digital network that includes the new USSA Network on YouTube and a weekly show, SnowGlobe.
- Bingham left Real Salt Lake in December and is now in his new position at the USSA.
- A Utah native, Bingham is a lifelong season passholder skier who has also worked actively in the sport at the retail level in the past.
- He and his wife Shauna, along with two boys Koa (6), and Tosh (1), live in Salt Lake City at the mouth of Parley’s Canyon to afford close access to Utah’s great skiing.
Michael Jaquet, Chief Marketing Officer, USSA
Brook’s background in sales and marketing made him a strong candidate to lead our growing corporate partnership programs. Being a Utah native with a ski industry background makes him a very good cultural fit for our sport. He was in on the ground floor at Real Salt Lake and that entrepreneurial experience will serve him well in helping us grow our assets here. He’s a seasoned veteran who will be able to jump right into the Olympic cycle we’re in now.
The USSA, through its athletes, events, teams and media, provides a strong and attractive platform for national and global partnerships. That quality along with the modern marketing direction being taken by the organization in the sport I love is very compelling to me. Like skiing and snowboarding, soccer is a major global sport and I look forward to carrying my experience with Real Salt Lake in to the innovative new environment that has been created with the USSA brands heading into the Olympics in Sochi and beyond.