2013 Alpine Team Named at Vail Nov. 15
VAIL, CO (Oct. 23) – The U.S. Ski Team including Olympic champions Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO), Bode Miller (Franconia, NH) and Julia Mancuso (Squaw Valley, CA) will help kick off a historic 50th anniversary season at Vail when the 2013 U.S. Alpine Ski Team is introduced during Nature Valley First Tracks on Nov. 15. Following the 5 p.m. live program, members of the newly named 2013 U.S. Alpine Ski Team will be on hand to meet fans and sign autographs. Now in its third winter at Vail, Nature Valley First Tracks is just the start to a full weekend of activity that continues Nov. 16 with opening day featuring the dedication of a new gondola.
- The 2013 U.S. Alpine Ski Team will be announced on Thursday, Nov. 15 during Nature Valley First Tracks in Vail, CO. The event serves as the open to a historic 50th anniversary season at Vail.
- Featured at Nature Valley First Tracks will be Olympic champions Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO), Bode Miller (Franconia, NH), Julia Mancuso (Squaw Valley, CA) and over a dozen other Olympic athletes including 2010 super G bronze medalist Andrew Weibrecht (Lake Placid, NY).
- The family event begins at 4:30 p.m. MT with hot cocoa, cookies and live music in Arrabelle Square at Lionshead. Following the 5 p.m. live program, fans can meet the U.S. Ski Team and get autographs from the athletes.
- Nature Valley, Vail Resorts, Audi, Smartwool, POC, Shred and GoPro will be on hand with interactive booths throughout the evening.
- The celebration continues on Nov. 16 with Vail’s opening day, including the dedication of a new, state-of-the-art gondola complete with heated seats and Wi-Fi at Mountain Plaza.
It's always fun for me to meet people who are as passionate about skiing as I am. The U.S. Ski Team naming in Vail is a blast and the community really comes out to support us.
Scott Baldwin, Nature Valley Marketing Associate Director
Nature Valley is excited to host First Tracks and the alpine team announcement with our partners from the U.S. Ski Team and Vail Resorts. We cannot think of a place we’d rather be than at Vail Mountain, celebrating the start of its 50th season, with the best alpine skiers in the world!
Chris Jarnot, Vail Mountain Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
We’re honored to host the U.S. Ski Team announcement event for the third consecutive year and kick off on the eve of opening day of Vail’s 50th anniversary season. Having the country’s top alpine ski racing athletes in Vail for early-season training is tremendously inspiring for our community and a clear sign that the winter ski and snowboard season is upon us.
Follow the U.S. Ski Team on Facebook and Twitter.