"I think the thing that excited me most about skiing was that it was a family activity. My whole family would go skiing and that made it really special. That is the reason I grew up loving it and still do to this day."
6 Things You Didn't Know About Jett Seymour
- 1. Jett says his top three athletic accomplishments are: 1) winning NCAA slalom, 2) earning a slalom World Cup spot, and 3) winning the NorAm parallel slalom in New Jersey.
- 2. His goals include improving as a competitor and being able to consistently make top 30 in World Cup and podiums in Europa Cups.
- 3. Three things he wants the world to know: 1) he's an expert in unicycling, 2) he has two younger twin brothers, and 3) he is majoring in Finance at the University of Denver.
- 4. Notable life accomplishments off snow include the fact that he was named Pioneer Sportsman of the year, awarded to the top male athlete at the University of Denver, he was his high school's mountain biking freshman state champion, and he is an Academic All-American.
- 5. When he's not going to school or skiing, Jett loves to bike, slackline, and hang out with friends.
- 6. His favorite athletes include Kai Lenny, "I respect how much he pushes the known limits of all water sports and how he respects the ocean and its power," and Benny Raich, "I looked up to him as a kid and love the way he skis."
Junior World Championships
Teams: 2017, 2018, 2019 • 10th, SL, Val di Fassa, ITA, 2019 • 17th, GS, Val di Fassa, ITA, 2019 • 10th, SL, Davos, SUI, 2018 • 22nd, SL, Are, SWE, 2017
Denver University • 2019 NCAA National Slalom Champion • NCAA All-American (slalom) • Two-time All-American at NCAA Championships