Snowboard Level 300 Certification
The Snowboard Level 300 certification is for the Head Coach working with athletes competing at the highest levels of National events or beginning to compete internationally. The Level 300 program is also aimed at Head Coaches or Program Directors of a multi-level athlete development program by providing in-depth education on the entire Long Term Athlete Development process.
The Snowboard Level 300 certification program covers two main categories
- Advanced techniques and tactics for athletes competing at a National or International level in Halfpipe, Slopestyle or Snowboardcross.
- Sport Science topics supporting the concepts of Long Term Athlete Development. Topics covered include Physiology, Anatomy, Motor Learning, Kinesiology, Skill Acquisition and Sport Psychology.
Coaches wishing to pursue their Level 300 Certification must meet the following requirements and pre-requisites.
Prerequisites--- required of all certified coaches
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- USOC Safesport: http://safesport.org
- Both USASA and U.S. Ski & Snowboard also require background screening for all coaches as part of the membership registration process.
Prerequisites to enroll in the Level 300 Courses
- Currently employed as a full-time coach with a U.S. Ski & Snowboard/USASA registered program.
- Registered and current member coach with both U.S. Ski & Snowboard and USASA
- 24 months as a Level 200 Coach.
- Completion of 2 USSA Discipline Endorsements
Requirements to complete the Level 300 Certification
- Attend and complete both indoor Level 300 Sport Science and a Level 300 On-Snow clinic.
- Satisfactorily pass a written exam and an interview assessment of coaching ability, movement analysis and knowledge of advanced snowboard techniques and tactics.
Level 300 Clinic Schedule
- Both the indoor and on-snow clinics are offered annually each spring during Coach Academy in conjunction with U.S. Snowboard Project Gold and National Team Camps.
- Coaches can choose their focus on either Halfpipe/Slopestyle or SnowboardCross. The on-snow clinics for the disciplines will be scheduled separately.
- Level 300 Academy for 2019 will take place June 6-12 in Mammoth Mountain, CA.