Masters Welcomes Coaches with a Complementary Membership
All U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Coaches can add a complementary Alpine Master membership to their cart when they renew their membership or contact member services to have it added. Thank you for your hard work and dedication in your sport! We hope you will check out the Masters schedules and events and join us for a race.
There are many benefits to participating in a masters race as a coach:
- Participation in one masters race earns you 2 continuing education credits. This can be used once every two years. Submit using the continuing education request form after the race. See the framework instructions for more information about continuing ed credits that you are required to get to maintain a current coach's certification.
- Practice what you preach. Doing what you teach your athletes gives you insights that you don't get from the sidelines. It is informative, valuable, and makes you a better coach.
- It’s YOU time! Have fun! Remember how exhilarating it is to feel the speed, rhythm, and adrenaline of a ski race. Reconnect with why you first fell in the love with alpine ski racing.
- Set a course and then get to race it! Contact the masters event organizer to see if a course-setter is needed if you would like to set. (The masters course-setting matrix is available here.)
- No special gear needed besides a FIS-legal helmet! Masters do not have ski requirements. Throw down on those cheater GS skis or any other skis you've got in your quiver that you love!
Masters racing provides opportunities for adults of all ages and abilities to compete against their peers in alpine ski races across the United States. Masters is a multi-generational, passionate, fun-loving group. Come for the races, stay for the life-long friendships and love of the sport.
For more information about the Masters group in your area:
|Eastern Division (New England)||nemsracing.org|
|Eastern Division (Mid-Atlantic)||mamasters.org|
|Eastern Division (Southern)||saraski.org|
For more information regarding the Masters program please visit usskiandsnowboard.org/masters.