Jacobellis Leads in Season SBX Finale
LA MOLINA, Spain (March 15) - Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton Mountain, VT) sped into second and led the USA in the season finale snowboardcross event in La Molina on Saturday. Canada's Dominique Maltais took the win after securing the World Cup title last week in Veysonnaz, Switzerland. Mick Dierdorff (Steamboat Springs, CO) was the top U.S. man in fifth behind winner Paul Berg of Germany.
- Olympian Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton Mountain, VT) sped into second to lead the USA in the season finale snowboardcross in La Molina on Saturday.
- Canada's Dominique Maltais earned the victory after securing her fifth career World Cup title last week in Veysonnaz, Switzerland. Raffaella Brutto of Italy finished third.
- Jacobellis led much of the final, but Maltais was able to edge around her for the win.
- Jacobellis took second in the final World Cup standings, an impressive comeback after nearly two years away from competition. Alexandra Jekova of Bulgaria finished the season ranked third.
- Mick Dierdorff (Steamboat Springs, CO) rode into the top spot for U.S. men in fifth, while Nick Baumgartner (Iron River, MI) finished 13th, Hagen Kearney (Telluride, CO) 15th and Jonathan Cheever (Saugus, MA) 26th.
- Paul Berg of Germany claimed the final victory of the season for the men with Nikolay Olyunin of Russia second and Regino Hernandez of Spain third.
- Saturday’s event wraps up the World Cup Finals for snowboardcross.