Cheever takes Third at Stoneham World Cup
STONEHAM, QUEBEC (Feb. 21) – Jonathan Cheever (Saugus, MA) took his first podium of the season coming in third place at the Stoneham World Cup in Quebec today. Faye Gulini (Salt Lake City, UT) took fifth for the women’s snowboardcross finals. Nate Holland (Squaw Valley, CA) was going for it and crashed in his run and ended up in 41st. Pierre Vaultier of France took the men’s win, while Canadian Maelle Ricker took first for the women’s finals.
- Cheever is ranked fourth in the overall FIS World Cup standings, this finish was Cheever's best finish so far this season.
- This was newly named U.S. Champion Faye Gulini’s third competition back from a knee injury.
- Alex Tuttle (Stratton, ME) landed in eighth and Nick Baumgartner (Iron River, MI) took ninth place in the finals up from his 26th qualifying position.
- Ross Powers (Stratton Mountain, VT) finished in 14th, Alex Deibold (Manchester Center, VT) was in 27th and Jayson Hale (Sierraville, CA) was in 32nd.
- Noticeably absent were Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton Mountain, VT) and Callan Chythlook-Sifsof (Girdwood, AK) both are recovering from a knee injury sustained earlier in the season.
I'm very happy with the result. Pierre was definitely riding good enough to win. I just battled, my legs are fried. I stuck to my game plan just to be patient enough to make the moves when I could. I'm stoked for the podium today.