A graduate of the former USSA TEAM Academy, Klomhaus rejoins the Stifel U.S. Alpine Ski Team after a successful collegiate ski racing career at the University of Denver where she was the 2020 NCAA giant slalom champion. She also graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Pre-Medicine, cum laude.
When she's not skiing, Storm is playing scrabble, working out, drawing, or playing video games. In the summer, she loves eating watermelon, hiking, and mountain biking.
"My main goals for the 2021-22 season include making the U.S. Olympic team, and being competitive for top 15 finishes in World Cups."
7 Things You Didn't Know About Storm Klomhaus
- 1. Top three athletic accomplishments: 1) 2020 NCAA GS Champion, 2) second in the 2021 U.S. Alpine Championships giant slalom, and 3) third in the 2021 U.S. Alpine Championships super-G.
- 2. When she's not skiing, Storm is playing scrabble, working out, drawing, or playing video games. In the summer, she loves eating watermelon, hiking, and mountain biking.
- 3. Her top three notable life accomplishments off snow include graduating college with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Pre-Medicine, graduating cum laude, and graduating as the outstanding senior in Biochemistry. She plans to be a dermatologist someday.
- 4. Three things Storm wants the world to know about her: she has the tiniest pinky toes ever, she can't spell to save her life, and unicycling was her sport before ski racing.
- 5. She's passionate about social causes including racial discrimination and climate change. She'd love to be more involved with non-profits or charities having to do with these social causes.
- 6. Storm says, "My favorite memory as a competitor is at my NCAA Regional Championships as a senior in college at the University of Denver. As soon as I crossed the finish line, we (the seniors) were drenched in champagne and lifted onto the shoulders of our teammates for our final college race as a full team."
- 7. Storm once placed 3rd at Unicycle Nationals doing a Hawaiian routine, including limboing and hoola-hooping on a unicycle.