"It’s just a matter of having fun and letting my body do what it already knows how to do; race as hard as possible!"
5 Things You Didn't Know About Sadie Maubet Bjornsen
- 1. Sadie is the first American to wear the yellow FIS World Cup Leader's bib.
- 2. She is active with Fast and Female because she believes that sports are the best way to teach women to be powerful and not be afraid to chase after something they want.
- 3. Sadie started as an alpine skier and eventually switched to cross country skiing when she got frustrated with “getting cold riding up the chairlift.”
- 4. She is really into "living off the land," and has learned to appreciate the beauty of growing a garden from scratch, fishing, searching in the woods for berries and mushrooms, and hunting.
- 5. Sadie is scared of the dark, which is why she lives in Alaska (only in the summer!).
Two-time Olympian • 5th, 4x5k Team Relay, Pyeongchang, KOR, 2018 • 8th, Team 4x5k Relay FS, Sochi, RUS, 2014 • 14th, Sprint CL, Pyeongchang, KOR, 2018
• 8th, 5k CL, FIS Tour de Ski, Toblach, ITA, 2015 • 9th, 10k CL Mass Start, FIS Tour de Ski, Val di Fiemme, ITA, 2016 • 7th, 1.5k Sprint FS, FIS Tour de Ski, Lenzerheide, SUI 2016 • 9th, 5k FS Pursuit, FIS Tour de Ski, Lenzerheide, SUI, 2016 • 10th, 10k FS Pursuit, Ski Tour Canada, Quebec, CAN 2016
• 2013, Sprint FS, Soldier Hollow, Utah • 2013, 20k CL Mass Start, Soldier Hollow, Utah • 2011, 10k CL, Rumford, Maine
Support the athletes and the Team!