Cleveland, Ohio’s Red Gerard has made history in the sport. He is the youngest gold medalist ever winning slopestyle at the 2018 games at the young age of 17. He began in the amateur ranks seven years prior and quickly worked his way up to the pro circuit. Besides his gold medal at the Olympics, he has also had four other top five results in the games as well as plenty of accolades in other competitions. Red has been snowboarding since the age of two and has an older sister who enjoys another activity, cooking, which she has excelled in as well being a prolific food blogger and cookbook author at the Half Baked Harvest.
"I would have been happy to just land a run, but to land a run and win, it’s crazy."
5 Things You Didn't Know About Red Gerard
- 1. Red is the youngest snowboard Olympic gold medalist in history, winning slopestyle at the 2018 Games at the age of 17.
- 2. He began competing in the amateur ranks in 2011 and worked his way up to the pro circuit in 2016.
- 3. Red began snowboarding at the age of two. As the sixth of seven children, he quickly learned that if he didn’t keep up he’d be left behind.
- 4. Gerard was born and raised in Ohio. His family moved to Summit County, Colorado, in 2007.
- 5. Red's older sister Tieghan is a prolific food blogger and cookbook author at Half Baked Harvest.
Red Gerard Wins Toyota U.S. Mammoth Grand Prix 2022
Red Gerard 2nd - Aspen Grand Prix Snowboard Slopestyle
Red Gerard Run 1 | Snowboard World Champs Slopestyle Aspen 2021
Three Americans on the Podium | Best of Slopestyle at 2020 Laax Open
Red Gerard Lands Second Cardrona Snowboard Big Air 2019
Red Gerard's Winning Run | Toyota U.S. Grand Prix at Mammoth Mountain - 2019