"I’m going to give this absolutely everything I can and play a tactical, smart race and see how it pans out. At that point, you’ve got nothing to lose."
9 Things You Didn't Know About Jessie Diggins
- 1. Jessie is the most decorated American cross country skier in history wth 14 individual World Cup victories.
- 2. Jessie and Kikkan Randall teamed-up to win the first Olympic gold medal for the United States in cross country skiing at the 2018 Games.
- 3. Jessie is the first American to win the FIS Tour de Ski and the first American woman to win the overall and distance World Cup titles.
- 4. She is a huge adrenaline junkie and loves skydiving and cliff jumping. But, she would also take a dance class every day if time allowed!
- 5. Jessie joined the Minnesota Youth Ski League when she was three years old.
- 6. Jessie's favorite memory: "The moment right after we won the Olympic team sprint when I saw the whole team right at the finish line...seeing the emotion, the tears, the coaches on their knees, that was the most amazing celebration of what generations of skiers had accomplished as a team."
- 7. Jessie is a spokesperson for the Emily Program, "which I care so deeply about because they are the treatment program I went to when I was 18 and sick with an eating disorder." She is also an ambassador for WithAll, which spreads awareness and education on how to prevent eating disorders.
- 8. She is on the board of Protect Our Winters, "because we only get one planet to live on, and we need to take care of it!" And a huge fan and ambassador of Fast and Female, an organization that empowers young girls through sport and looks to get them involved in sport for life! She is also on the board of Share Winter, a nonprofit committed to giving diverse communities the opportunity to learn a snow sport for the first time.
- 9. Jessie learned to ski from her parents on different trails around Minnesota. "I owe everything in my career to them, not only because they taught me skiing but because they instilled a deep love of the outdoors and the satisfaction of working hard towards a goal."
Jessie Diggins On Top of the Podium in Davos 2022
Jessie Diggins and Team WIN First Ever Mixed Team Relay World Cup 2022
Jessie Diggins Takes 3rd Place in Falun 10k 2022
Jessie Diggins | Fourth Place | Freestyle Sprint Lahti 2022
Jessie Diggins' Wild Finish | 2022 Tour de Ski Stage 3
Jessie Diggins Wins 2022 Tour de Ski Stage 3