"Mogul skiing gives me the chance to be unique, and get out of my comfort zone every day"
5 Things You Didn't Know About Sami Worthington
- 1. Being a role model and inspiring the younger generation of athletes is very important to Sami. She always looked up to the older women on the U.S. Team and is grateful to be joining a supportive environment, and looks forward to making a positive impact herself.
- 2. Sami has her eyes on the prize and is working towards making the World Cup Circuit. Career goals include podiums at every level of competition, including winning World Cups, World Championships and the Olympics.
- 3. Sami is currently studying Pre Health & Kinesiology at the University of Utah Honors College
- 4. Her personal mantra is to have fun, which she always comes back to when in the start gate. Her pre run rituals also include visualization, listening to music and breathing exercises.
- 5. Sami's passion for freestyle mogul skiing began at a very young age and was solidified after watching Hannah Kearney win Olympic gold in Vancouver in 2010.