Karenna Elliot, originally from Cincinnati, Ohio is an athlete on the Stifel U.S. Freestyle Ski Team aerials team.
Prior to the being named to the national team, Karenna was a part of the Elite Aerial Development Program and Park City Ski & Snowboard.
At her very first aerial skiing competition ever - the 2017 U.S. Selections event - Karenna competed against the Stifel U.S. Freestyle Ski Team athletes the Canadian Ski Team and other notable U.S. athletes and won the event. Later, she became the second person and first woman to execute a double back pike on snow. Only learning how to ski at 16 years old, she ended up winning an aerial competition just months later.
Outside of skiing, Karenna is studying aviation at Utah Valley University (UVU) and is planning to work as a private pilot. Along with her education, Karenna is also a ski patroller in the winter, a fly fishing guide in the summer, and an avid rock climber.
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. - Muhammad Ali"
6 Things You Didn't Know About Karenna Elliott
- 1. At her very first aerial skiing competition ever, the 2017 U.S. Selections event, which was also a NorAm, Karenna competed against the U.S. Ski Team, the Canadian Ski Team, and other U.S. athletes, and won the event.
- 2. Karenna is the second person, and the first woman, to do a double back pike on snow
- 3. She learned how to ski at 16 years old and won my first aerial competition only a few months later
- 4. Kareena is studying aviation at Utah Valley University. Planning to work as a private pilot in a few years and eventually work as a commercial pilot once I have retired from skiing
- 5. Kareena works as a ski patroller in the winter and a fly fishing guide in the summer
- 6. Karenna is an avid rock climber, you can find her climbing indoors and outdoors most days