"My top three athletic accomplishments are being named to the U.S. Ski Team, grabbing first at FIS Waterville Valley GS, being U16 giant slalom national champ, and 2019 Pokal Loka giant slalom first place."
6 Things You Didn't Know About Justin Bigatel
- 1. Off the snow, Justin was accepted to four out of the five colleges he applied to, and he was a part of the baseball mustang league champions (2013).
- 2. His goals for the upcoming season include making World Juniors, ending up top-30 in the NorAM end of season rank, lowering his tech points below 330 world rank, and dropping his downhill points below world rank 250.
- 3. Justin played baseball, football, and soccer before committing to ski racing full time. He grew up and learned to ski in Pennsylvania before moving to Park City when he was in the fifth grade.
- 4. Marcel Hirscher is a favorite athlete because he was always a role model of Justin's. He is always trying to go faster no matter if he is already two seconds ahead in a World Cup. Troy Polamalu was an absolute tank and never let anyone stop him, Ted Ligety because since the beginning of Justin's ski racing career he has looked up to him. Plus, he at first was not the best ski racer, but worked his butt off to be the best.
- 5. When he's not skiing, he loves to mountain bike, drive/offroad, camp, fish, game, watch sports and random youtube videos, and surf (waves and wake).
- 6. He has two cats (Luke and Laya) and a dog (Dean).