"I’m going to give this absolutely everything I can and play a tactical, smart race and see how it pans out. At that point, you’ve got nothing to lose."
7 Things You Didn't Know About Jessie Diggins
- 1. Jessie and Kikkan Randall teamed-up to win the first Olympic gold medal for the United States in cross country skiing at the 2018 Games.
- 2. When not skiing, she loves going on camping trips, and always chooses family time over going out. She is also a huge sucker for anything that gets her adrenaline going like bungee jumping or cliff jumping.
- 3. Jessie joined the Minnesota Youth Ski League when she was three-years-old.
- 4. Jessie's favorite memory: "The moment right after we won the Olympic team sprint when I saw the whole team right at the finish line...seeing the emotion, the tears, the coaches on their knees, that was the most amazing celebration of what generations of skiers had accomplished as a team."
- 5. She is a big fan of the Jason Bourne movies.
- 6. Jessie is a spokesperson for the Emily Program, "which I care so deeply about because they are the treatment program I went to when I was 18 and sick with an eating disorder."
- 7. She is an ambassador for Protect Our Winters, "because we only get one Planet to live on, and we need to take care of it!" And a huge fan and ambassador of Fast and Female, an organization that empowers young girls through sport and looks to get them involved in sport for life!
Diggins, Bjornsen 3-4 in Stage Six Classic Sprint | Tour de Ski 2020
Diggins, Bjornsen 4-5 in Stage 2 Sprint | Tour de Ski 2019
Diggins Leads Five U.S. Women into Top 25 at Davos 10km Interval Start Free | 2019
U.S. Women Second in 2019 Lillehammer 4x5km Relay
Diggins Second in Lillehammer Skiathlon | 2019
Sadie Maubet Bjornsen Takes 2020 Season Leader's Bib