George Steffey hails from New England where he learned to ski on the east coast, building his foundation from Stratton Mountain School. Steffey was the valedictorian for his graduating class at SMS, the 2015 SMS Annual Chile Cook Off Champion, and the 2014 SMS varsity soccer team captain.
He is primarily a giant slalom skier on the Stifel U.S. Alpine Ski Team and scored his first World Cup points at the Stifel Palisades Tahoe Cup in the 2023 season. Steffey has multiple Europa Cup wins and podiums to his name and he is a former giant slalom National Champion.
When he is not skiing, he enjoys the outdoors and mountain biking.
"My career ambition is to inspire future athletes on the World Cup and Olympic stage."
5 Things You Didn't Know About George Steffey
- 1. George was the valedictorian for his graduating class at SMS, the 2015 SMS Annual Chile Cook Off Champion, and the 2014 SMS varsity soccer team captain.
- 2. His goals for the 2019-20 season are to win giant slalom and slalom NorAM races and to score World Cup points.
- 3. Three things about George that he wants the world to know: "I eat a lot. Missing a tooth. Internationally acclaimed dancer."
- 4. His favorite athlete is Bode Miller, because the way he performs on the mountain is truly inspirational.
- 5. George's favorite memory as a competitor, so far, has been competing at World Junior Championships.