Social Media Manager
Location: Park City, UT
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is looking for a creative, engaging and progressive Social Media Manager to fuel our social content and brand voice. This individual will be the driving force of our social strategy, storytelling, posting, growth, analysis, and reporting while finding new ways to grow our presence and engage fans, sponsors and donors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Develop a social strategy to build the profile of our athletes, double social followers and grow the U.S. Ski & Snowboard brand.
* Support team, athlete, brand and sponsor messages and initiatives.
* Optimize social plans per platform, using the best strategy to engage across platforms.
* Implement global strategy to fuel engagement and follower growth.
* Create, curate, monitor and deploy content on all channels to ensure consistency of voice tailored to the outlet.
* Showcase the lifestyle side of action sports to further engage casual fans.
* Build guidelines for all channels and implement best practices for each, sharing and communicating with our content creators to continually produce the most effective content.
* Develop a social media calendar that supports the strategy and plans, providing visibility with internal and external teams and sponsors.
* Build, communicate and document objectives and metrics for all channels. Reporting on engagement, views, conversations, sentiment, etc.
* Manage daily social posts and dialogues.
* Ensure we are engaging and encouraging Athlete Generated Content and supporting athlete posts.
* Manage flow of content and output on fan / member / public facing platforms.
* Implement organizational measures to insure content is shared easily, consistently and in a timely manner.
* Communicate and share regularly with; athletes, partners, and stakeholders.
* Create and manage all social marketing programs, both paid and organic. Utilizing paid media campaigns, grow followers and engagements and grow the brand.
* Collaborate with Content, Communications, Marketing, Events, Foundation and Athletic teams to deliver the best content, showcase our athletes and fulfill sponsor obligations.
* Proactively identify relevant industry happenings, cultural trends and leaders to help expand content plans and improve brand awareness.
* Make tactical recommendations on new social outlets and platforms.
* Seek and evaluate opportunities to stay at the forefront of new trends, tools, and channels.
* Vet emerging features on existing platforms as in: Facebook ad options, livestream, Snapchat, new social ad types, platforms etc.
Qualifications and Experience
* 3+ years of professional social media experience preferred
* Ability to ski or snowboard and love for the outdoors
* Proven success in building audiences through social media and digital content
* A demonstrated passion for social media and content creation
* Education in Marketing and/or Communications is preferred
* Experience with tools and analytics related to evaluating social success
* Ability to build relationships and partnerships with athletes, influencers and brands
* Agency experience is a plus
* Proficient understanding in the use and implementation of paid media to maximize ROI
* Proficient in Adobe creative suite, MS Office and social scheduling tools
* Video editing experience is a plus
* Strong understanding of website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by completing the U.S. Ski & Snowboard employment application (refer to the Resources Section on the right), attaching a cover letter and/or résumé and submitting via the online employment application or by clicking HERE