Social Media Intern
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Creative
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Social Media Intern is a critical component to the success of the Creative Contents strategies. The Social Media Internship is available for students interested in learning about and gaining experience in an Olympic National Governing Body. Interns will assist the Social Media Manager with creating editorial and social media content, planning and executing U.S. Ski & Snowboard projects.
Ability to uphold and abide by the U.S. Ski & Snowboard core values of Team, Loyalty, Respect, Accountability, Perseverance, Courage and Integrity shown through:
* Ability to multi-task and problem solve
* Clear, effective two-way communication
* Strong leadership
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Organizational skills with attention to detail
* Ability to see tasks through to completion
* Positive attitude and able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Team player
* Effective at Meeting Deadlines
* Ability to Learn and Optimize Content Distribution Processes
* Develop an understanding of how the social media process works from day to day in an Olympic National Governing Body
* Assist the Social Media Manager with executing social media strategies across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
* Develop an understanding of tracking and reporting monthly social media and editorial metrics
* Develop skills managing our online content distribution systems and professionally representing our brand(s) through these platforms.
* Collaborate with communications and marketing teams to develop and execute projects that drive traffic and increase fan engagement on U.S. Ski & Snowboard social channels
* Develop an understanding of deliverables from the creative team to departments inside U.S. Ski & Snowboard and their partners (Foundation, Marketing, Membership, Athletics, etc..)
* Currently enrolled as a student aiming to complete a bachelor’s degree and receive academic credit for your internship
* Successful completion of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard background screening
* Completion of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Volunteer/Intern Confidentiality Agreement
* Completion of the SafeSport education training within one week of beginning the program
* All scholastic internship guidelines, evaluations and other paperwork must be completed by your direct supervisor
Reports directly to the Social Media Manager
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Creative Internship is an unpaid internship for credit only. Final applicants can receive academic credit for their time with U.S. Ski & Snowboard. The number of academic credits will be determined by the individual’s University.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in compliance with both state and federal laws. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any prohibited basis, including race, color, gender, pregnancy, age (40 or over), religion, national origin, ethnic background, genetic information (including of a family member), military service, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Onboarding and continued internships are at the will of U.S. Ski & Snowboard. U.S. Ski & Snowboard or intern may terminate the internship relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team is an equal opportunity employer
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by completing the U.S. Ski & Snowboard employment application (refer to the References Section on the right), attaching a cover letter and/or résumé and submitting via the online employment application.