U.S. Ski & Snowboard
Job Title: General Counsel
The General Counsel is the primary source for providing legal guidance to the Management Team.
The General Counsel will participate collaboratively across all departments to assist in legal and business matters.
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, is located at the Center of Excellence in Park City, Utah, and is a full-time exempt position.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is looking for a candidate with at least 8 years of experience.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
* Bylaws, amendments, present recommendations and options
* Board committees – assist CFO, CEO, and Chief Foundation Officer
* Prepare minutes of board and committee meetings
* Provide governance information and advice
* Participate in relationship with FIS and USOC
* Assist with anti-doping matters
* Advise general membership on bylaws, disciplinary actions and issues regarding athletes’ rights
* Update and maintain ethics and conflict of interest policies and other policies as appropriate
* Review and revise contracts
* Provide templates
* Design contract process, including approval and tracking
* Create and maintain summary of contracts
* Create process to select third-party providers
* Inform employees of liability insurance rules and process
* Manage claims, litigation and potential use of outside resources as appropriate
* Advise on safety and security for employees, athletes, facility
* Manage liability insurance brokers and renewals, assess needs and make recommendations
Organizational Legal Guidance
* Protection of IP
* Assist in employment matters, including foreign workers, worker’s compensation and independent contractor designation
* Provide guidance on policies and procedures, preparing drafts where appropriate, including travel, website and privacy policies
US SKI & SNOWBOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by completing the U.S. Ski & Snowboard employment application (refer to the References Section on the right), attaching a cover letter and/or résumé and submitting via the online employment application.