Director of Development, Major Gifts
Reports To: Chief Development Officer, U.S. Ski & Snowboard Foundation
About the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Foundation: The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Foundation is the non-profit fundraising arm of U.S. Ski & Snowboard. Incorporated in 1964 as a 501(c)3, the Foundation raises funds to support year-round athlete training, coaching, development, competition and educational needs.
* Grow the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) fundraising market by $3 million in annual fund support by 2022 through the major gift programs.
* Manage a portfolio of 100+ donors with solicitation, stewardship and fundraising goals.
* Participate in all aspects of the fundraising cycle; (1) initiate contacts with potential major donors; (2) develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them; (3) move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure; (4) make solicitations when appropriate; and (5) maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
* Prepare the CEO, CDO and other appropriate executive staff and board members, as needed, to cultivate and secure investments. Conduct research, provide background, and determine investment level.
* Work in partnership with the Director of Development, Principal Giving to ensure a seamless connection between the principal and major gift programs.
* Perform additional activities related to the Development effort as requested by the Chief Development Officer and others.
* Demonstrate professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in matters of donor privacy.
* A bachelor’s degree.
* A minimum of five years of major and/or principal gift fundraising experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and a track record of successfully managing current and prospective benefactors at the major gift level along with outstanding social skills, instincts, judgment and integrity.
* An ambitious and motivated professional, who values a collaborative working environment and who will be able to establish strong, interpersonal relationships with organization leaders, donors and development office staff.
* Comfortable with a flexible work schedule, including travel and evening and weekend work.
* Experience using and maintaining accurate records within a donor database.
* An authentic passion for skiing and snowboarding as well as a strong appreciation for the extraordinary athletic accomplishments and challenges of our athletes.
* A working understanding of a national governing body.
* Experience with capital and/or endowment campaigns.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team is an equal opportunity employer
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by completing the U.S. Ski & Snowboard employment application (refer to the References Section on the right), attaching a cover letter and/or résumé and submitting via the online employment application.