Alpine Coach Developer
The Alpine Coach Developer is responsible for developing the world’s best alpine ski racing coaches by developing, delivering and supervising the education, training and certification of all US Ski & Snowboard alpine member coaches and clinic leaders. In addition to being a leader in the Coach Education program, The Alpine Coach Developer will work as a consultant to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Development Program by supporting National Development Program projects, with a focus on mentoring and educating top-level club coaches during on-snow programming. The ideal candidate will have world-class knowledge and experience in all aspects of alpine ski coaching, performance and athlete development. The overall goal of the Alpine Coach Developer is to provide a comprehensive, progressive and integrated education and certification program to all coaches and clinic leaders across all U.S. Ski & Snowboard sports, with the aim of driving athlete development in our clubs to the elite levels of each sport, with a focus on demonstrably improving the rate at which U.S. Ski & Snowboard Clubs place athletes into U.S. Ski Team Development Team performance criteria.
- Manage the implementation and execution of all U.S. Alpine Ski Coach Education Programs, with the objective of developing the world’s best Alpine ski coaches, and the target outcome of demonstrably improving the rate at which U.S. Ski & Snowboard Clubs place athletes into U.S. Ski Team Development Team performance criteria.
- Consult with Coach Education Manager and Sport Ed department on the content contained in all Coach Education programs.
- Act as a liaison between Coach Education Manager and the Alpine coaching community and Alpine coach education working groups to gather input and content for the Coach Education Programs.
- Manage US Ski and Snowboard Coach Clinic Leaders including hiring, training, assessing and evaluating performance.
- Develop training and feedback programs for Clinic Leaders.
- Create systems to recruit, identify and train new Clinic Leaders.
- Deliver specialty clinics and other clinics by request
- Develop and manage coach mentorship and PLC programs in each region
- Organize and deliver annual National Coach Academies, Symposiums and other major coach development, education and certification programs including the Level 300 and Level 400 programs.
- Support, educate and assist in leading the National Alpine Development Program by establishing and promoting the national coaching philosophy to top-level clubs, in concert with the Alpine Development Director.
- Work with Clubs Leaders, Athletic Directors and Head Coaches to create internal Professional Development and Coach Training Programs.
- Work with the Alpine Development Director to support and participate in regional and national development camps and programs, with the intent to mentor, educate and develop top-level club coaches.
- Work with Clubs, Athletic Directors and Head Coaches to develop high quality athletic programming.
- Deliver educational talks, presentations and workshops at the regional or club level for athletes, coaches and parents.
- Work with HPC Coordinator to deliver athlete development programming support to our HP Clubs
- Further Develop the coach education, development and certification programs
- Assist the Coach Education manager in the development of online learning modules for certification and continuing education.
- Work with Coach Education Manager to develop curriculum and content in all coach education programs.
- Support and manage the development and implementation of SkillsQuest programs
- Periodically update the Alpine Training System, including associated resources for U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine coaches.
- Along with Sport Education Director and Coach Education Manager, work with USOC Sport Education Department on relevant NGB Coach Education programs.
- Support club development by reviewing and promoting programs at coaching clinics and conferences
- Track budgets, survey feedback and other metrics relating to the Coach Education aspects of the business plan for use in evaluation and planning.
- Support the club development program by promoting coach education, certification and professional development for clubs
This position works from the Center of Excellence in Park City, UT. Extensive travel is required. This position is paid a salary and is exempt from overtime pay.
- Supports and promotes the vision, mission and core values of U.S. Ski & Snowboard in professional image, personal interactions, writing, presentations, etc.
- World-class knowledge and experience of Alpine coaching, coach education and athlete development
- Event organization experience
- Experience in a supervisory capacity or leadership capacity – high-level club or national team experience
- Experience and/or Education in Coach Development and Education
- Confident public speaker, educator, and presenter
- Impartial, positive reputation in ski and snowboard community
- Passion and enthusiasm for world-class achievement in alpine skiing
- Proficient with office technology (MS Office, Adobe products, basic web editing, database management)
- Able to quickly learn and implement new technology (online educational platforms, web editing, web/video conferencing, multi-media presentation)
- Continual desire to learn and improve
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and collaborate with all staff, members, clubs, coaches, parents, athletes and stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
REPORTS TO: Alpine Development Director and consults to the Sport Education Director. Secondary relationships to the Alpine Sport Committee, Sport Education Resource Developer, High Performance staff, IT Department, Creative Department.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by completing the U.S. Ski & Snowboard employment application (refer to the References Section on the right), attaching a cover letter and/or résumé and submitting via the online employment application.