Olympic Winter Games Snowboarding Criteria
The ultimate in sport is to represent the USA at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, February 9-25, 2018 in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Athletes are named to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Olympic Team based on objective criteria, generally through FIS ranking and results in international competitions.
For 2018 Olympic Winter Games Snowboarding Criteria, please refer to the Resources section.
The following selection events are scheduled for athletes who desire to represent the United States at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games. In addition, as the U.S. Grand Prix serves as an Olympic qualifier for halfpipe, slopestyle and big air, Grand Prix Criteria is also listed in the Reference section.
Slopestyle / Big Air
- January 30-February 5, 2017 Mammoth, Mtn, CA
Halfpipe / Slopestyle / Big Air Selection Events
- December 7 -10, 2017 Copper Mountain, CO - Halfpipe / Big Air
- December 15-16, 2017 Breckenridge, CO - Halfpipe / Slopestyle
- January 10-13, 2018 Snowmass, CO - Halfpipe / Slopestyle
- January 17-20, 2018 Mammoth Mountain, CA - Halfpipe / Slopestyle
SBX Selection Events
- September 8-9, 2017 Cerro Cathedral, ARG - SBX (race #1)
- December 12-13, 2017 Val Thorens, FRA - SBX
- December 15-17, 2017 Montafon, AUT - SBX
- December 21-22, 2017 Cervina, ITA - SBX
- January 19-21, 2018 Ezurum, TUR - SBX
PGS Selection Events
- December 14-15, 2017 Carezza, ITA - PGS
- December 16, 2017 Cortina d'Ampezzo, ITA - PGS
- January 5-6, 2018 Lackenhof, AUT - PGS
- January 20-21, 2018 Rogla., SLO – PGS X 2