Freestyle U.S. Selection Events
U.S. Selection Events
The 2021 U.S. Mogul and Dual Mogul Selection Events will be held in Winter Park, Colorado January 25 - 28, 2021.
Important Updates for U.S. Selections – December 22nd, 2020
U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Winter Park are very excited to welcome U.S. Freestyle athletes to Winter Park Resort for the 2021 U.S. Mogul Selections. Please carefully read all of the information below for important updates.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, together with Winter Park we have shortened the event to four days by cancelling the Dual Mogul event. New schedule is outlined below.
Sunday, Jan 24 – Arrival
Monday, Jan 25 – Training
Tuesday, Jan 26 - Training
Wednesday, Jan 27 – Mogul Comp 1 – M & W Quals and Finals
Thursday, Jan 28 – Mogul Comp 2 – M & W Quals and Finals
Friday, Jan 29 – Departure
Detailed schedule will be posted shortly on both Fis-ski.com and usmogulselections.com.
Updated Entry Fees
Due to the decrease in event days the entry fee will be reduced to $300.
Anyone who has already registered will be refunded $65.
Deer Valley World Cup
Host Nation Quota Spot Criteria has been updated to reflect the change in schedule at U.S. Mogul Selections.
Please visit this link for details.
Registration Deadline Update
The deadline for registration has been pushed back to January 8th, 2021.
Athletes that do not register by January 8th, 2021 will forfeit their spot and the invitation will be passed to the next alternate athlete.
U.S. Selections is confirmed and would only be cancelled due to Force Majeure (unforeseeable and/or insurmountable circumstances).
If the event is cancelled due to Force Majeure
Prior to January 8th, 2021 athletes will receive a full refund.
Between January 8th and January 23rd we would refund as much of the registration fees as possible, and no less than 80%.
After January 23rd no refunds will be administered unless athlete has a confirmed injury or tests positive for Covid-19 with a valid doctor's note.
Important Covid-19 Requirements
Prior to the Event
All athletes, coaches, staff, and officials will be required to submit proof of a negative Covid-19 PCR test in order to participate in the event.
The test sample must be collected after 6:00 pm Thursday, January 21st (sample cannot be more than 72 hours old by 6:00pm on arrival day).
Anyone who does not submit a test will not be given credentials to participate in the event until they provide proof of a negative Covid-19 PCR test.
During the Event
All athletes, coaches, staff, and officials will be required to complete a daily health check questionnaire.
Directions on how to submit Covid-19 test results and how to complete the daily health check will be sent to all registered athletes prior to the event.
NorAm Start Group
Athletes in the NorAm Start Group must participate in all U.S. Selections Events. If you are a NorAm Start Group athlete and you have not yet registered for U.S. Mogul Selections be sure to do so ASAP or your NorAm Start Group spot will be forfeited.
Click here to see the final list of confirmed 2021 NorAm Start Group Athletes.
Reservations should be made by competitors, coaches, staff and parents/family members with an Ikon Pass or Winter Park Pass purchased through their account at www.ikonpass.com.
Lift access will be guaranteed for competitors but Winter Park has requested that competitors, coaches, and staff make reservations for each day, Jan. 25 - 28, to help with resort capacity management.
If you need to purchase lift tickets for the event please visit this page. Note that lift tickets are not included in the registration fee and must be purchased for each day of the event, Jan. 25 - 28.
Registration, qualification lists, and event info can be found at usmogulselections.com.
Selection Events are used to qualify skiers to earn starts in the U.S. World Cups and starts in NorAm competitions. Athletes invited in moguls or dual moguls will be granted starts in both moguls and dual moguls. This is a FIS event and will follow the FIS age requirements. Development Group athletes must start in all event days. Must have a FIS license to compete.
1. All U.S. Freestyle Ski Team Athletes.
2. All athletes who competed in the prior season’s U.S. Freestyle Championships.
3. All athletes who are ranked in the top 45 in moguls, top 45 in dual moguls and top 30 in aerials, on the final FFSP of the previous season that are not qualified via criteria 1 and 2.
4. The top finishing age group eligible athletes from the previous season’s Junior Nationals that are not qualified via criteria 1, 2 and 3. No alternates will be taken from Junior Nationals.
5. If by virtue of criteria 1, 2, 3 and 4, a division does not have an athlete competing in a discipline in each gender, then that division will be granted a spot in that discipline and that gender to use as it wishes. If the spot remains unused it will then be lost.
6. There will be five alternates per gender per discipline. These alternates are to be named off the final FFSP list of the previous season and will represent the next five names on the FFSP list per gender and per discipline that have not already qualified for the event. Alternates will be placed into the events in the order they are named and will be notified immediately. The alternates will only compete if any of the skiers qualified via criteria 2 and 3 don’t accept their spots or get injured.
7. International quotas as outlined by U.S. Ski & Snowboard and FIS.
8. Aerials Only: Additional athletes may qualify to compete at the U.S. Selection Events in aerials by having a minimum of two different inverted jumps qualified.