Freestyle U.S. Selection Events
U.S. Selection Events
The 2021 U.S. Mogul and Dual Mogul Selection Events will be held in Winter Park, Colorado January 25 - 29, 2021.
Selection Events are used to qualify skiers to earn starts in the U.S. World Cups and starts in NorAm competitions. Athletes invited in moguls or dual moguls will be granted starts in both moguls and dual moguls. This is a FIS event and will follow the FIS age requirements. Development Group athletes must start in all event days. Must have a FIS license to compete.
1. All U.S. Freestyle Ski Team Athletes.
2. All athletes who competed in the prior season’s U.S. Freestyle Championships.
3. All athletes who are ranked in the top 45 in moguls, top 45 in dual moguls and top 30 in aerials, on the final FFSP of the previous season that are not qualified via criteria 1 and 2.
4. The top finishing age group eligible athletes from the previous season’s Junior Nationals that are not qualified via criteria 1, 2 and 3. No alternates will be taken from Junior Nationals.
5. If by virtue of criteria 1, 2, 3 and 4, a division does not have an athlete competing in a discipline in each gender, then that division will be granted a spot in that discipline and that gender to use as it wishes. If the spot remains unused it will then be lost.
6. There will be five alternates per gender per discipline. These alternates are to be named off the final FFSP list of the previous season and will represent the next five names on the FFSP list per gender and per discipline that have not already qualified for the event. Alternates will be placed into the events in the order they are named and will be notified immediately. The alternates will only compete if any of the skiers qualified via criteria 2 and 3 don’t accept their spots or get injured.
7. International quotas as outlined by U.S. Ski & Snowboard and FIS.
8. Aerials Only: Additional athletes may qualify to compete at the U.S. Selection Events in aerials by having a minimum of two different inverted jumps qualified.