U.S. Snowboarding SBX Team Named
TELLURIDE, CO (Dec. 17) – The 2013 U.S. Snowboarding snowboardcross team led by two time Olympic gold medalist Seth Wescott (Sugarloaf,ME), Olympic silver medalist Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton, VT), seven-time X Games gold medalist Nate Holland (Squaw Valley, CA) was named Saturday at Telluride Resort. Athletes had gathered for the first domestic FIS World Cup the USANA Ski and Snowboardcross Cup at Telluride. The 15-member team features Olympians Nick Baumgartner (Iron River, MI), Callan Chythlook-Sifsof (Girdwood, AK), Ross Powers (Stratton, VT) Jayson Hale (Sierraville, CA) and Faye Gulini (Salt Lake City, UT). Following Telluride, the World Cup tour heads to FIS World Snowboarding Championships January 18-27 at Stoneham Mountain Resort in Quebec.
- The U.S. Snowboarding named 15 athletes to its snowboardcross team including Olympic silver medalist Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton, VT), seven-time X Games gold medalist Nate Holland (Squaw Valley, CA) and two-time Olympic gold medalist Seth Wescott (Sugarloaf, ME) to its 2013 team.
- The team was named at a fan celebration at Heritage Plaza in Telluride’s Mountain Village following the USANA Snowboardcross Cup Saturday.
- Three newcomers were added to the B Team following standout performances during the FIS World Cup and NorAm tour last season, Jackie Hernandez (Londonderry, VT), Alex Tuttle (Stratton, ME) and Hagen Kearney (Telluride, CO).
- FIS World Championships takes place Jan. 18-27 at Stoneham Mountain, Quebec and will feature defending 2011 Champion Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton, VT), and teammates Seth Wescott (Sugarloaf, ME) and Nate Holland (Squaw Valley, CA) who finished second and third respectively at the 2011 FIS World Championships.
- Telluride Resort boasted the first domestic FIS World Cup and USANA Ski and Snowboardcross World Cup within the 2014 Olympic qualifying period.
- Back for the fourth consecutive year, the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix and FIS snowboardcross and skicross NorAM will be at the Canyons Resort Feb. 27-Mar. 3, 2013, where Nate Holland (Squaw Valley, CA) and Faye Gulini (Salt Lake City, UT) will be defending their national championship titles.
I’m honored to be named to the U.S. Snowboarding team once again for the upcoming season. The team has provided me so much support over the years, and I am proud to be able to represent my country once again in 2013. From first class training centers to a great athlete support network, U.S. Snowboarding continues to provide the resources I need to succeed.
I am stoked for the start of another year glad to be healthy again. I just spent a good two weeks in Europe with the team. I feel good and I am psyched to be in Telluride. It’s been really fun with some of the young new members of the team and I‘ve been mentoring Hagen [Kearney] and Alex [Tuttle]. I am ready to go!
I'm fired up to be riding with U.S. Snowboarding. I owe a lot of my past success to my coaches, wax tech, and teammates. We have a stronghold of some of the world’s best riders, and I love being pushed by those guys.
Peter Foley, Head U.S. Snowboarding Coach
The depth of this team is amazing. They all bring different strengths to the group and learn from each other to constantly raise their levels of performance. It's an incredible thing to be a part of.
2013 U.S. Snowboarding Snowboardcross Team Roster
Name, Hometown, Club, Date of Birth* Denotes Olympian** Pursuing degree in Westminster College partnership program
2013 U.S. Snowboarding Snowboardcross A Team
Nick Baumgartner (Iron River, MI) 12/17/81 *
Jonathan Cheever (Saugus, MA; University of Massachusetts Lowell) 4/17/85
Nate Holland (Squaw Valley, ID) 11/8/78 *
Seth Wescott (Sugarloaf, ME; Carrabassett Valley Academy) 6/28/76 *
Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton Mountain, VT, Stratton Mountain School) 8/19/85 *
Callan Chythlook-Sifsof (Girdwood, AK; Westminster College) 2/14/89 * **
2013 U.S. Snowboardcross B Team
Alex Deibold (Manchester Center, VT; Stratton Mountain School) 5/18/86
Jayson Hale (Sierraville, CA) 6/26/85 *
Pat Holland (Squaw Valley, CA) 5/5/82
Hagen Kearney (Telluride, CO; International Snowboard Training Center) 11/6/91
Ross Powers (Stratton Mountain, VT; Stratton Mountain School) 2/10/79 *
Alex Tuttle (Stratton, ME; Carrabasett Valley Academy) 11/13/90
Faye Gulini (Salt Lake City, UT) 3/24/92 *
Jackie Hernandez (Londonderry, VT; International Snowboard Training Center) 12/2/92
Brooke Shaw (Litchfield, CT) 5/12/91
U.S. Snowboarding Staff
Jeremy Forster, U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Director
Abbi Nyberg, U.S. Snowboarding and U.S. Freeskiing Program Manager
Kate Morton, U.S. Snowboarding and U.S. Freeskiing Team Manager
Andrew Buckley, U.S. Snowboarding Wax Technician
Dewey Moss, U.S. Snowboarding Wax Technician
Curtis Baca, U.S. Snowboarding Wax Technician
Peter Foley, Head U.S. Snowboarding Coach
Jeff Archibald, U.S. Snowboarding Snowboardcross Coach
Official U.S. Snowboarding Suppliers
Burton (outerwear/uniform, baselayer, hats and gloves)
Smartwool – Socks
2XU – Compression Gear
High Sierra - Bags
Wax, Tools, Training Devices and Accessories
Official Education Partner