Kyle Negomir, "Nego", is a Colorado native, he grew up skiing out of Copper Mountain. Negomir excels at all disciplines and is currently on the Stifel U.S. Alpine Ski Team’s speed team.
In the 2023 season Negomir scored his first World Cup points in Lake Louise in super-G with a 23rd place. Negomir won the 2023 super-G national championship title as well. Other top results include winning the team event at World Junior Championships in 2019, and he earned the NorAm Overall Champion title in 2019.
Negomir’s top goals include racing World Cup giant slalom, super-G, and downhill as well as a top 10 in World Championships.
Negomir is motivated most by his parents who have supported him through his skiing ambitions to help him chase his dreams. When he is not skiing, you can find him biking, climbing, hiking, tennis, and any other sports or activities he can find. Negomir also works with SOS Outreach where he can mentor kids through cool experiences in nature.
"My motto: any day spent skiing is a good day!"
5 Things You Didn't Know About Kyle Negomir
- 1. Outside of skiing, Kyle genuinely loves doing anything outside - climbing, mountain biking, rafting, backpacking, touring, etc. His group of friends and family are the most important thing in the world to him.
- 2. As a 2019 NorAm Overall Champion, punching his ticket for a World Cup start spot in any event on the 2019-20 calendar, and a big goal of his is to earn World Cup points in multiple events.
- 3. His favorite athlete is Bode Miller, because he always wanted to be the one to push boundaries, and he'd like to push himself to the very limit.
- 4. Growing up, Kyle was a #1 ranked waterskier in his region for eight straight years. He rips!!
- 5. Kyle's goal after his ski racing career is to become an orthopedic surgeon.