Former National Training Group (NTG) athlete turned heads during the 2015 season at U.S. Alpine Championships in Sugarloaf, Maine when she snagged a podium amongst juniors in giant slalom. Her solid stint as an NTG athlete allowed her to propel on to the D Team for the 2016 season. She did it again in 2016 when she grabbed a pair of podiums at U.S. Alpine Championships in Sun Valley, Idaho and topped the super-G podium amongst juniors. She made the jump to the C Team in 2017, and to the World Cup in 2018, where she scored her first World Cup points at Lenzerheide, with a 19th place in alpine combined. That finish snagged her a spot on her very first Olympic Team in PyeongChang. Mangan continued her successful skiing career at Dartmouth College where she earned first team all American status in the giant slalom. After her NCAA success, Mangan made it back to the Stifel U.S. Alpine Ski Team for the 2023-24 season for speed.
When she's lucky enough to be home, she loves spending time with her five siblings and parents, partaking in various sports, heated debates, and unrivaled excitement.
"I just want to keep getting faster, hold myself accountable, and celebrate the small victories"
5 Things You Didn't Know About Tricia Mangan
- 1. When she's not skiing, Trisha is running, kiteboarding, reading, beading, and any and all recreational water sports.
- 2. Trisha has four brothers and one sister. Her family is full of rowers, and her younger brother recently won rowing nationals.
- 3. In the summers, Tricia works at "Camp Mangan", a day camp run by her family that started as a way to entertain neighborhood friends. The camp has grown and now attracts 50+ kids each summer.
- 4. Trishas biggest accomplishments in skiing were "The second time I went to U16 Nationals because I went from practically getting last the year before, being super determined to get faster all year, and then getting 4th overall and making the NTG the next year. My first Nor-Am win in Copper mountain, I remember being so unbelievably excited and proud internally, and my first WC points in Lenzerheide."
- 5. Trisha has always been very inspired by John John Florence for his humbleness and perspective while being the best in the world.