"I am very grateful that my skiing has created this platform for me to inspire, and be inspired by, young girls everywhere. "
5 Things You Didn't Know About Tess Johnson
- 1. Tess set the precedent for naming young athletes to the national team when she was named at age 14, the youngest ever at the time
- 2. She is the youngest American freestyle athlete ever to medal in a World Championships
- 3. She is a spokesperson for Girl PowHER, a program apart of Youth Power 365 in the Vail Valley, that empowers young girls mentally, physically, and emotionally
- 4. Her favorite competition memory was dueling against her best friend and fellow teammate, Jaelin Kauf, during the semi-final of the 2019 Dual Moguls World Championships.
- 5. Tess originally wanted to be a slopestyle skier but was young at the time to compete. She enrolled in "Bumps and Jumps" and fell in love with mogul skiing.
Kauf vs Johnson Dual Moguls Third Place Dual | 2020 Intermountain Healthcare Freestyle Cup
Johnson vs Dufour-Lapointe Dual Moguls Semifinal | 2020 Intermountain Healthcare Freestyle Cup
Johnson vs Laffont Dual Moguls Quarterfinal | 2020 Intermountain Healthcare Freestyle Cup
Tess Johnson Takes Third in Dual Moguls 2019 World Champs - Deer Valley
Jaelin Kauf vs. Tess Johnson - Women's Dual Moguls Semi Final 2019 World Champs - Deer Valley
Tess' Favorite Gear!
Check out Tess' favorites from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard gear collection!