"It’s just a matter of having fun and letting my body do what it already knows how to do; race as hard as possible!"
4 Things You Didn't Know About Sadie Maubet Bjornsen
- 1. Sadie started as an alpine skier and eventually switched to cross country skiing when she got frustrated with “getting cold riding up the chairlift.”
- 2. She was the top U.S. finisher in a 10k classic individual start at the 2019 World Ski Championships in Seefeld, Austria.
- 3. Sadie is scared of the dark, which is why she lives in Alaska (only in the summer!).
- 4. She is active with Fast and Female because she believes that sports are the best way to teach women to be powerful and not be afraid to chase after something they want.
Two-time Olympian • 5th, 4x5k Team Relay, Pyeongchang, KOR, 2018 • 8th, Team 4x5k Relay FS, Sochi, RUS, 2014 • 14th, Sprint CL, Pyeongchang, KOR, 2018
• 8th, 5k CL, FIS Tour de Ski, Toblach, ITA, 2015 • 9th, 10k CL Mass Start, FIS Tour de Ski, Val di Fiemme, ITA, 2016 • 7th, 1.5k Sprint FS, FIS Tour de Ski, Lenzerheide, SUI 2016 • 9th, 5k FS Pursuit, FIS Tour de Ski, Lenzerheide, SUI, 2016 • 10th, 10k FS Pursuit, Ski Tour Canada, Quebec, CAN 2016
• 2013, Sprint FS, Soldier Hollow, Utah • 2013, 20k CL Mass Start, Soldier Hollow, Utah • 2011, 10k CL, Rumford, Maine