Two-Time Junior World Champion
2020 U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team , Alpine B
Years on Team
5 (since 2016)
Ski & Snowboard Club Vail
"Team is crucial to me. My team is the reason I am where I am today. Our crew is really tight-knit. We push ourselves and each other extremely hard. We hold each other to a really high standard on and off hill, and hold each other accountable..."
5 Things You Didn't Know About River Radamus
- 1. River is a three-time Youth Olympic Games (YOG) gold medalist - the first to achieve this feat.
- 2. He grew up with Birds of Prey posters, featuring guys like Andrew Weibrecht and Steven Nyman, on his wall - athletes he looked up to. In 2018, as a Vail Valley native, River was featured on the poster.
- 3. River's favorite track on the World Cup is Alta Badia. He says, "if you designed a GS hill in a lab, you couldn’t make one any better. The hill has all the variables you could ask for - from steeps to rolls, 180° trail turns and even a jump. It’s just perfect in every way."
- 4. He scored his first World Cup points in 2018 at Alta Badia, Italy, when he landed in 24th.
- 5. River won two Junior World Championship gold medals (super-G and giant slalom) and one silver medal (team event) in 2019, and was an integral part of the best men's alpine junior team in the world.
First World Cup Start, Beaver Creek, Colo. 2017 • Fist World Cup Points, 24th, GS, Alta, Badia, ITA, 2018
Junior World Championships
1st, GS, Val di Fassa, ITA, 2019 • 1st, SG, Val di Fassa, ITA, 2019 • 2nd, TE, Val di Fassa, ITA, 2019 • 2nd, SG, Davos, SUI, 2018 • 2nd, AC, Are, SWE, 2017
Youth Olympic Games: Three-time YOG gold medalist, SG, GS, AC, 2016
NorAm Overall Champion, 2018 • 2nd, SL, 2018 • 4th, GS, 2018 • 3rd, SG, 2018 • 3rd, AC, 2018 • 2nd, AC, 2017
3rd, SG, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • 5th, SL, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • 8th, AC, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • Junior Championships: 1st, SG, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • 1st, AC, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2016 • 2nd, GS, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • 2nd, SG, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2016 • 4th, GS, Sugarloaf, Maine, 2017 • 4th, GS, Sugarloaf, Maine, 2017 •