"I didn’t expect really to win that combined because I hadn’t trained much super-G, but I’ve been training slalom all year... and then to come here and do this, get two wins after never winning a national title before, is pretty fun."
5 Things You Didn't Know About Luke Winters
- 1. In 2019, Luke grabbed his first national championship title, landing on the top of the podium in alpine combined at Sugarloaf, Maine. He then followed that up with his second national title, in slalom at Waterville Valley, N.H.!
- 2. In 2018, Luke and teammate River Radamus double podiumed at World Junior Championships in Davos, Switzerland.
- 3. Luke was born and raised in Oregon with a twin brother, two sisters, and two great parents.
- 4. After Luke graduates, he hopes to do something in construction, engineering, or real estate.
- 5. He just got his pilot's license through Pilot Makers in Provo, Utah. He's been working towards it for the last two summers!
1st, SL, Waterville Valley, N.H., 2019 • 1st, AC, Sugarloaf, Maine, 2019 • 2nd, AC, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • 6th, GS, Waterville Valley, N.H., 2019 • 6th GS, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • 7th, SL, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018 • 14th, SG, Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018
Junior World Championships
Teams: 2018 • 3rd, SG, Davos, SUI, 2018 • 9th, DH, Davos, SUI, 2018 • 22nd, AC, Davos, SUI, 2018
Luke's Favorite Gear!
Check out Luke's favorites from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard gear collection!