"I knew I was capable if I skied my best, and that second run was definitely some of my best skiing all year, so that felt really good – not only for the result but just to finish the season off like that."
6 Things You Didn't Know About Aj Hurt
- 1. AJ is establishing herself as quite the multi-event skier, having scored points in four disciplines so far in 2020-21 (parallel, slalom, giant slalom, and downhill).
- 2. AJ has been a skier her whole life. At only age four, she entered the Squaw Valley Ski Team and fell in love with the sport.
- 3. As a first-year FIS racer in the 2016-17 season, she was the top junior for birth year 2000 in NorAm qualifying race points—not only in the speed disciplines but also the technical disciplines.
- 4. She has two national titles: one each in alpine combined and giant slalom (Sun Valley, Idaho, 2018).
- 5. She traveled with the C and D Team during the 2018 season, starting in her first World Cup in Killington on U.S. home soil as a 16-year-old, just shy of her 17th birthday.
- 6. "AJ" stands for Amelia Josephine
First World Cup Start - GS, Killington, Vt., Nov. 25, 2017 • First World Cup Points, 25th, Parallel, Lech Zuers, AUT, 2020 • 18th, GS, Courchevel, FRA, 2020 • 26th, SG, St. Anton, AUT, 2021 • 29th, SL, Flachau, AUT, 2021 • 30th, SG, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, GER, 2021
Junior World Championships
Teams: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 • 6 top-10 career finishes • Best finish: 2nd, TE, Val di Fassa, ITA, 2019
AJ's Favorite Gear!
Check out AJ’s top picks from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Gear Collection!