Athlete Career & Education
Promoting whole athlete development to enhance athletic performance, increase sport longevity, support career development, and encourage enduring association with U.S. Ski & Snowboard.
Reach out to ACE Manager with questions on how to utilize resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard will reimburse athletes and alumni up to $6,000 annually for college courses taken within the previous academic year. The application process for this program occurs 2x annually - in the fall (November-December) for courses taken the previous Spring and Summer terms, and in the Spring (May-June) for courses taken the previous Fall/Winter terms.
- The Team USA Tuition Grants are intended to encourage athletes to further their education in preparation for lifelong career goals by defraying a portion of athletes’ tuition costs. An athlete's essay responses, financial need and other scholarships awarded are considered when determining an award. Applications are available here for current and retired Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American, Parapan American and Games alumni athletes.
- Through ACE and the USOPC, eligible Team USA athletes living and training in Colorado and Utah can receive in-state tuition at select public colleges and universities regardless of an individual’s resident status.
- The purpose of the Marc Prisant and Heidi Heltzel Athlete Scholarship is to support current U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team athletes and alumni athletes who are pursuing their college education, by providing pre-enrollment scholarships of up to $10,000 each to at least two applicants annually. Pre-enrollment scholarships will provide flexibility and accommodate applicants’ needs as they make decisions related to enrollment.
- Our partner Textron Aviation is supporting athletes, and staff, who are interested in studying to get their pilot's license.
- If you are interested in learning to fly, or if you currently hold a pilot's license and would like to earn additional ratings or endorsements, please apply for the Take Flight: Textron U.S. Ski & Snowboard Flight Training Scholarship.
- Contact Tom Horrocks for more information: email@example.com
- Personalized college advising for athletes and alumni looking to enroll, re-enroll, or transfer schools in higher education.
Resume Review & Interview Prep:
- Whether starting from scratch or fine tuning, ACE offers personalized review and feedback of athlete's resume and/or LinkedIn profile. Once the resume lands you an interview, ACE can support with one-on-one work to fine tune talking points and review questions to anticipate.
- Renowned speaking coach Danny Slomoff and his team donate their expertise annually to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Speaker’s Bureau – a two-day, intensive training program for up to 10 athletes who want to learn to be effective keynote speakers. The Speaker’s Bureau is an excellent opportunity to learn the skills needed to earn income as a paid speaker, as many companies want to hear stories about athlete’s experience, passions, beliefs, and lives.
- Personalized opportunities to intern or explore areas of work within USSS, as well as with our partners, trustees, and other affiliated groups.
- Done individually, with a group, or with an entire team. ACE workshops focus on areas like: identifying values, fundraising best practices, and networking tips.
- A comprehensive on-boarding experience for rookies to learn the ins and outs of U.S. Ski & Snowboard. They get to meet staff as well as understand the resources and expectations of them as a newly named athlete.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alumni Huddles:
- Zoom sessions to support recently retired athletes in navigating life beyond sport. Soon to be open to alumni 5+ years out from the team!
- Group to support alumni in connecting, networking, and utilizing U.S. Ski & Snowboard/USOPC resources that are still available to them.
- Next Step brings elite athletes and veterans together to leverage their leadership, discipline, problem-solving, team-building, and operational abilities. TUCK’s program enables athletes to build on and translate their real-world experiences in ways that will accelerate a successful transition into a rewarding and meaningful career in business.
- Assisting retiring athletes in their health and well-being as whole people beyond athletics by providing tools, techniques and a support system to discover and cultivate their next passions and goals as they transition out of elite competition. Athletes will realize they are not alone, have the opportunity to share and relate their experiences with others going through the same transition, and receive support for future success.
Continued Access to ACE:
- Depending on competition level and tenure, alumni athletes get continued access to education funding and career support through U.S. Ski & Snowboard and USOPC.
Grants and Funding:
- ACE can help athletes who have additional funding needs by connecting them with organizations who are financially supporting athletes at the National team/elite training level. Some of these opportunities include: USOPC Simon Grant, World Cup Dreams/T2 Foundation, Level Field Fund, The Women in Sports Foundation, etc.
- See the resource document “ACE Grant Opportunities” for more information.
ALL athletes should please register with the USOPC ACE program to access all USOPC ACE services and resources: