World Cup Supply Extends Partnership With USSA
PARK CITY, UT (Dec. 10, 2014) – U.S. Ski Team athletes and U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association events will continue to have the on-hill equipment and safety related support they need in the coming years thanks to a unique partnership with Word Cup Supply Inc. (WCS) and its European partner SPM.
- World Cup Supply and USSA signed a new five-year deal for WCS to supply safety air-pads for key domestic World Cup, NorAm and USSA events.
- A separate three-year deal was also renewed and calls for WCS and its European partner SPM to continue providing a wide variety of support.
- Gates and Panels: WCS and SPM will provide thousands of gates and hundreds of panels annually for all U.S. Ski Teams teams domestically and in Europe.
- Training Bibs: WCS will provide training bibs for all U.S. Ski Team athletes.
- Safety/Education: WCS is committed to athlete and spectator safety, offering race and event safety training and education as well as developing educational safety related videos for clubs and volunteers to help prevent on-hill injuries. WCS will also supply on-hill safety netting and supplies at discounted prices to U.S. Ski Team and USSA Regions.
- Community: WCS will donate Children’s souvenir bibs for Birds of Prey and Aspen World Cup races, sponsor the Club Excellence meetings in Park City, and will also fund production of the annual U.S. Ski Team posters distributed to clubs throughout the U.S.
Brad Williams, President and CEO, World Cup Supply
We’re thrilled to renew our longstanding commitment to the USSA and U.S. Ski Team athletes. Our partnership is focused not only on ensuring that our teams have the best on-hill equipment possible, but also on increasing awareness and focus on safety in ski racing across the U.S.
It is especially rewarding to partner on educational efforts related to on-hill safety, whether it be through sponsorship of the Club Excellence meeting or production of on-line videos related to b-net and other important safety topics. Our commitment to event safety is clear with our newly acquired air pad finish system and on-hill air pads that will be used by USSA over the next five years at key events throughout the U.S. We’re also proud to be able to do a number of other ‘little things’ that will help USSA in their promotion of the sport of alpine ski racing.
Calum Clark, Vice President of Events, USSA
World Cup Supply is an important partner for our organization at both the grassroots and elite levels. We are fortunate to have their continued support of safe ski racing at events all over the world.
About World Cup Supply
Since 1991 World Cup Supply has been providing ski areas and events with supplies and innovative solutions. WCS's commitment to excellence does not stop at their products. Each year WCS offers the Fast Skier Junior Alpine Scholarship, further affirming their commitment to the alpine community in the U.S. For more information about World Cup Supply visit worldcupsupply.com.