Win Increases Hendrickson's Standings Lead
ZAO, JPN (Mar. 3) - Sarah Hendrickson (Park City, UT) won her seventh World Cup of the the season Saturday in Zao, pushing her overall season lead to 251 points with three events remaining. Japan's Sara Takanashi was second in the competition and in the overall standings. The finish left Hendrickson in position to clinch the title with a fourth or better in Saturday's second competition which started 9 pm MT Friday.
- Sarah Hendrickson (Park City, UT) won her seventh World Cup of season over Sara Takanashi of Japan. Daniela Iraschko of Austria was third.
- Hendrickson now leads by 251 points over Iraschko with three events remaining.
- The event took place Saturday in Japan (Friday in the U.S.) on a 100 meter hill with another competition immediately after.
- Hendrickson won the event with style points on her second jump.
- Hendrickson set a hill record with 99.5 meter jump in first round that Takanashi matched in the second round.
- Jessica Jerome (Park City, UT) finished 9th and Lindsey Van 11th