Star Ski Jumping Team Named
PARK CITY, Utah (Nov. 13) – With their Olympic debut just 15 months away, three of the world’s top women’s ski jumpers have been named to the 2012-13 U.S. Ski Jumping Team. Sarah Hendrickson (Park City, UT), who won nine of 13 FIS World Cups last season, leads the squad along with 2009 World Champion Lindsey Van and Jessica Jerome (both Park City, UT). The women will open the World Cup Nov. 23-25 on the Olympic jumps in Lillehammer, Norway with the season highlight coming in February with FIS Nordic Ski World Championships in Val di Fiemme, Italy.
- FIS World Cup champion Sarah Hendrickson leads three women on to the 2012-13 U.S. Ski Jumping Team along with 2009 World Champion Lindsey Van and Jessica Jerome (all Park City, UT)
- Hendrickson won nine of 13 events in the debut of the FIS World Cup last season.
- Hendrickson has been rehabbing from knee surgery in April with a regular presence training at the USSA Center of Excellence, beginning jumping in mid-September.
- The FIS Nordic Ski World Championships are set for Predazzo in Val di Fiemme, Italy Feb. 20-Mar. 3, where Hendrickson swept a pair of events last season including a stunning 108-meter ride.
- The Val di Fiemme venue is also the backyard of Coach Paulo Bernardi. The team was on the Predazzo jumps this fall for a two-week camp.
- Jerome is presently a student in the U.S. Ski Team’s partnership program at Westminster College in Salt Lake City.
Sarah Hendrickson, FIS World Cup Champion
I am still following the roadmap I laid out after Vancouver. After a year almost off followed by a season of increased training and focus where I managed to get back on the podium, I am continuing to ramp it up mentally and physically. At this point I am satisfied with the way summer jumping ended and now focusing on my last weeks of high school (Winter Sports School, Park City) before heading to Norway later this month.
Alan Alborn, Head Jumping Coach
The summer has been a great success in the sense we had the team all back in the gym looking stronger than ever as a group and ready to head to Lillehammer late November to start off the second World Cup season. Sarah Hendrickson will be defending her World Cup title from last year and Lindsey Van is looking forward to the season, happy and healthy. Jessica Jerome has had a great summer of ski jumping and training in the gym – she’s been very consistent and had strong results in the summer series in Germany and France. Watch out world!
2013 U.S. Ski Jumping Team
Name, Hometown, Club, Date of Birth
*Indicates Westminster College student
Sarah Hendrickson, Park City, UT, Park City Nordic Ski Club, 8/1/94
Jessica Jerome, Park City, UT, Women’s Ski Jumping USA, 2/8/87 *
Lindsey Van, Park City, UT, Park City Nordic Ski Club, 11/27/84
Official Ski Jumping Suppliers
Wax, Tools and Training Devices
Sun Valley Ski Tools
World Cup Supply