Sprint U.S. Grand Prix Halfpipe Qualifiers
COPPER MOUNTAIN, CO (Jan. 10) – Day two of the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix featured eight countries moving onto the halfpipe finals at Copper Mountain. Half of the 16 that qualified for finals were from the U.S. with Spencer Shaw (Stratton, VT) of the U.S. Snowboarding Rookie team making finals on Sat. Jan. 12. The first domestic FIS World Cup and 5Star World Snowboard Tour event continues tomorrow with men and women’s slopestyle finals, the Paul Mitchell Progression Session. Fan favorites Louie Vito (Sandy, UT) and Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) both made it to finals, that takes place on Saturday. The weekend will be televised on both NBC and the NBC Sports Network, plus live coverage of halfpipe finals on the USSA Network.
- Day two of the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix featured top athletes from around the globe at Copper Mountain with halfpipe qualifiers, halfpipe finals take place on Saturday.
- Halfpipe finals feature 16 athletes from eight countries, with eight from the U.S.
- For the first time ever athletes are earning 5Star World Snowboard Tour points at an FIS World Cup event.
- Fan favorites Louie Vito (Sandy, UT) and Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) advanced to finals.
- Halfpipe finals will be live streamed on the USSA Network Saturday beginning at 11:30 am EST.
- The event will be broadcast on NBC and NBC Sports Network.
SPRINT U.S. GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE
Fri. Jan. 11 –Paul Mitchell Progression Session, slopestyle snowboarding finals 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. MT
Sat. Jan. 12 – Sprint U.S. Grand Prix, halfpipe snowboarding finals 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. MT
BROADCAST SCHEDULE (times ET)
Sat. Jan. 12 11:20 a.m.- 12:40 p.m. – Sprint U.S. Grand Prix live stream, halfpipe, USSA Network
Sun. Jan. 13 4:00-5:00 p.m. – Sprint U.S. Grand Prix, halfpipe, NBC
Sun. Jan. 13 2:30-3:30 p.m. – Sprint U.S. Grand Prix, halfpipe, NBC Sports Network
Sat. Jan. 19 1:00-2:00 p.m. – Paul Mitchell Progression Session, slopestyle snowboarding, NBC Sports Network