Ski with the U.S. Ski Team at Copper
COPPER MOUNTAIN, CO (Oct. 2) – As snowmaking began Tuesday at the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center at Copper Mountain, the resort announced a contest to provide VIP access to the world-class venue with an exclusive opportunity to free ski with the U.S. Ski Team prior to the opening this fall. Copper Mountain season pass holders can enter on Facebook to win VIP credentials that provide lift access for two, a venue tour from a U.S. Ski Team athlete followed by open skiing and riding and lunch with the Team. The game-changing U.S. Ski Team Speed Center is utilized by Olympic gold medalists like Ted Ligety (Park City, UT), Bode Miller (Franconia, NH), Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO) and Julia Mancuso (Squaw Valley, CA) and features the only full-length downhill training available anywhere in the world during this time of year. Mother Nature and the 87 dedicated snowmakers will ultimately determine the event date, but updates on snowmaking progress and an official date announcement will be made on Facebook and Twitter. Enter now at facebook.com/usskiteam.
- Snowmaking began Oct. 2 on the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center at Copper Mountain.
- Copper Mountain skiers and riders can enter to win VIP access to the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center at Copper Mountain with an exclusive opportunity to free ski with the U.S. Ski Team prior to the venues opening this fall. Enter at facebook.com/usskiteam.
- Copper Mountain Season Pass, Copper Four Pack, Rocky Mountain Super Pass, or Super Pass Plus can enter through Facebook for a chance to win a VIP prize package that includes a venue tour from a U.S. Ski Team athlete followed by open skiing and riding and lunch with the Team. Entries will be accepted until Oct. 28.
- The official event day will be announced on the U.S. Ski Team and Copper Mountain Facebook fan pages. Become a fan today.
- Olympians including Ted Ligety (Park City, UT), Bode Miller (Franconia, NH), Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO) and Julia Mancuso (Squaw Valley, CA) utilize Copper Mountain for the only full-length downhill training available anywhere in the world at this time of year.
- This fall will mark the second full season that the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center is in operation.
- The venue features 87 HKD automatic snowmakers, two miles of World Cup Supply A-net with steel structures, five miles of World Cup Supply B-net and fencing set on 4,500 Reliable Racing netting poles to parallel Audi FIS Alpine World Cup race hills across the globe in both safety and snow condition.
- The Audi FIS Alpine World Cup season opens Oct. 27-28 in Soelden, Austria and swings to the U.S. Nov. 24-25 with the Nature Valley Aspen Winternational in Aspen followed immediately by the Audi Birds of Prey races in Beaver Creek, CO.
Copper Mountain stepped it up with the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center. It will be cool for the U.S. Ski Team to hang out and interact with Copper Mountain skiers while showing them first-hand what the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center really means to us.
Patrick Riml, U.S. Ski Team Alpine Director
U.S. athletes are incredibly fortunate to have this level of support from Copper Mountain and its skiers. Not only do our Olympians have a world class facility in the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center, but our regional club programs are also able to utilize World Cup level training very early in the winter season.
Gary Rodgers, President of Copper Mountain Resort
Copper Mountain Resort is proud to enter into our second season, in partnership with the U.S. Ski Team, in delivering the best speed training venue in the world for our U.S. athletes. This year, with the cooperation of the team, we are excited to allow early venue access to some of our loyal guests so that they can experience firsthand the excellent snow surface, vertical rise and training conditions that our elite athletes will experience.
Follow the U.S. Ski Team on Facebook and Twitter.