Nordic Olympic Uniforms Unveiled
PARK CITY, UT (Dec. 28) – The official nordic combined and cross country competition uniforms for Sochi were unveiled Saturday at the 2014 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Nordic Combined and Ski Jumping in Park City. The uniforms were developed by the U.S. Ski Team’s longtime provider Bj Sport’s Bjrn Dhlie brand with design input from American athletes. The uniforms are decorated in a stars and stripes theme to emulate the American flag. The Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, kick off on February 7, 2014.
- The official nordic combined and cross country competition uniforms for Sochi were unveiled at Olympic Trials in Park City.
- The uniforms were designed and developed by Bjrn Dhlie, a brand of Bj Sport.
- The uniforms are designed to emulate the American flag with their stars and stripes design.
- The uniforms will be in action at the Games starting Feb. 8 at the first cross country event in Sochi.
- Bj Sport is an Oslo, Norway, based company started by eight-time Olympic cross country champion Bjrn Dhlie, and is now owned by the Norwegian company Active Brands. The company is a technology and design leader in cross country ski clothing worldwide, with Dhlie playing an active role in the company and its partnership with the U.S. Ski Team.
- Photos of the uniforms are available here.
The Olympics are a special opportunity to represent your country and I wanted our suits to convey a real USA spirit. I am really excited to be racing in the stars and stripes in Sochi. The American team looks to really be in the mix for the first time in 40 years and we want to be noticed!
Bj Sport has been great to work with in taking our ideas and integrating our USA spirit into their great technical clothing line. We can be totally confident going into Sochi that we will have the technical gear we need to perform at our best.