Hendrickson Second to Cap Strong Weekend
HINTERZARTEN, Germany (Jan. 13) - Reigning FIS World Cup ski jumping champion Sarah Hendrickson (Park City, UT) capped a strong weekend finishing second to Japan's Sara Takanashi Sunday in Hinterzarten. Hendrickson posted rides of 103.0 and 101.5 meters but was not able to match Takanashi's towering 105.0 meter second jump for the win. The World Cup now takes a break before resuming in Japan in early February.
- Sarah Hendrickson (Park City, UT) soared to jumps of 103.0 and 101.5 meters to finish second to Sara Takanashi of Japan in Hinterzarten.
- Takanashi sealed the win with a massive 105.0 meter second jump.
- The weekend was a welcome comeback for Hendrickson after being off the podium last weekend.
- Lindsey Van (Park City, UT) was tenth with Jessica Jerome (Park City, UT) 11th.
- The tour takes a break before resuming in Japan in early February.
I simply love this hill in Hinterzarten and I like the Black Forest in general. Today a lot of jumps were longer than 100 meter and that is what the spectators would like to see.
HELP THE TEAM
Athletes like Sarah Hendrickson rely on the support of the American public. Click here to support the team.