Final Sprint U.S. Grand Prix Stop Boasts Big Names at Mammoth Mountain
MAMMOTH LAKES, CA (Feb. 22) – Watch for U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding favorites like Tom Wallisch (Pittsburgh, PA), David Wise (Reno, NV), Matt Ladley (Chicago, IL), Chas Guldemond (Reno, NV) and more at the final stop of the 2012 Sprint U.S. Grand Prix at Mammoth Mountain, CA, February 29 – March 3. The third and final stop is a World Cup for freeskiing and a TTR 5Star ranked event with $42,000 in prize money up for grabs.
- U.S. Snowboarding athletes: Sage Kotsenberg (Park City, UT), Eric Willett (Breckenridge, CA), Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, CA) and local Greg Bretz (Mammoth Lakes, CA) will be competing for the title of U.S. Champion.
- Freeskiing athlete’s Torin Yater-Wallace (Basalt, CO), Devin Logan (West Dover, VT), Simon Dumont (Bethel, ME), Bobby Brown (Breckenridge, CO), and newly named team member Maddie Bowman (South Lake Tahoe, CA) will be in attendance.
- The 16th annual Sprint U.S. Grand Prix is the longest running domestic event and the final stop is a platinum level Association of Freeskiing Professionals event.
- Follow the finals live with a webcast on www.usfreeskiing.com and www.ussnowboarding.com.
- All events are free and open to the public. Be sure not to miss the Shiny Toy Guns concert.
Qualifications take place Thursday and Friday. Friday’s finals feature freeskiing halfpipe at 10a.m.; and the Paul Mitchell Progression Session snowboarding slopestyle finals at 1:30 p.m. On Saturday snowboarders will be at the halfpipe starting at 10 a.m.; freeskiers take to slopestyle finals at 1:30 p.m. For a complete schedule please click here.
To apply for a media credential please click here.
Date & Time
NBC - Sprint U.S. Grand Prix - Halfpipe
NBC - Visa U.S. Grand Prix - Halfpipe
NBC Sports Network - Sprint U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix - SB HP
NBC Sports Network - Paul Mitchell Progression Session
NBC Sports Network - Visa U.S. Freeskiing Grand Prix
03/10/2012 12:00 p.m.
03/10/2012 - 1:00 a.m.
03/17/2012 - 3:00 a.m.
03/17/2012 - 4:00 a.m.
03/31/2012 - 3:00 a.m.
All times are Eastern Standard Time