Dew Tour Kicks Off Sochi Selections
BRECKENRIDGE, CO (Nov. 14) – The Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships returns to Breckenridge, CO on December 12-15 and serves as the first official U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association Olympic team selection event of the 2013-2014 season. The event also marks the first ever USSA selection event for slopestyle skiing, halfpipe skiing and slopestyle snowboarding disciplines. NBC Sports Group will feature live coverage of the Dew Tour beginning Saturday, December 14 at Noon ET on NBC, and continuing through the weekend on NBC and NBCSN. All practice, qualifying, and finals will be streamed live on DewTour.com.
- The Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships returns to Breckenridge, CO on December 12-15 and serves as the first official U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association Olympic team selection event of the 2013-2014 season.
- The event also marks the first ever USSA selection event for slopestyle skiing, halfpipe skiing and slopestyle snowboarding disciplines.
- The world’s top freeskiing and snowboarding Olympic hopefuls, including Shaun White (Carlsbad, CA), Louie Vito (Sandy, UT), Danny Davis (Truckee, CA), Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT), Torin Yater-Wallace (Basalt, CO) and Bobby Brown (Breckenridge, CO) will throw down in the halfpipe and on the slopestyle course.
- The Dew Tour will bring together the country’s top male and female pro halfpipe and slopestyle athletes, along with an array of international talent looking to capture the Dew Cup.
- Two-time Olympic snowboard halfpipe gold medalist Shaun White (2006, 2010) will attempt to emphasize his dominance in the halfpipe, while also showcasing his skills in slopestyle.
- In addition, Olympic halfpipe snowboarding gold medalists Kelly Clark (2006) and Australian Torah Bright (2010) will compete in the women’s halfpipe contest.
- Four-time X-Games gold medalist Jamie Anderson (S. Lake Tahoe, CA) will attempt to score a spot on the first U.S. women’s slopestyle snowboarding Olympic team.
- The Dew Tour will once again host a streetstyle event in downtown Breckenridge to highlight snowboarding’s best urban talent on a collection of street features under the lights on Washington Ave.
- Showcasing their skills in men’s and women’s halfpipe will be top contenders Torin Yater-Wallace, David Wise (Reno, NV), Simon Dumont (Bethel, ME), Maddie Bowman (S. Lake Tahoe, CA) and Devin Logan (West Dover, VT).
- The slopestyle contest will be dominated by Breckenridge native Bobby Brown and heavy hitters Tom Wallisch (Pittsburg, PA) and Gus Kenworthy (Telluride, CO), who are all hungry for valuable USSA selection points.
- Logan will be pulling double duty at the Dew Tour, as she will also be competing in the slopestyle contest against top contenders including Grete Eliasson (Salt Lake City, UT).
Torin Yater-Wallace, Two-time X-Games halfpipe skiing gold medalist
I couldn't be more excited that the Dew Tour is the first USSA selection event this December. The event always brings out the best competition, so it will be the perfect way for freeskiers to make our statement as we prepare for our first Games in Sochi.
Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH), 2010 Olympic halfpipe snowboarding bronze medalist
I'm stoked the Dew Tour is the first Olympic team qualifier. You can guarantee the pipe will be great and everyone comes out for the contest swinging.
- NBC Sports Group will feature more than four hours of live coverage of the Dew Tour.
- Coverage begins Saturday, December 14 at Noon ET on NBC, and continues through the weekend on NBC and NBCSN.
- All practice, qualifying, and finals will be streamed live on DewTour.com.
DEW TOUR TELEVISION SCHEDULE
Saturday, December 14, Men’s Halfpipe Snowboarding Final on NBC at Noon
Sunday, December 15, Men’s Slopestyle Skiing Final on NBC at Noon
Sunday, December 15, Men’s Slopestyle Snowboarding Final on NBCSN at 3 p.m. ET
Sunday, December 15 Men’s Halfpipe Skiing Final (taped) on NBCSN at 11 p.m. ET
*All times listed are ET. Schedules are subject to change.