Deneen Seals Olympic Spot
LAKE PLACID, NY (Jan.15) - The U.S. Ski Team’s moguls squad took four of six spots today at the USANA Freestyle World Cup in Lake Placid. Heidi Kloser (Vail, CO) and Pat Deneen (Cle Elum, WA) both took second and Hannah Kearney (Norwich, VT) and Brad Wilson (Butte, MT) took third. It was the second podium of the season for Deneen, clinching an Olympic nomination. Canadians Alex Bilodeau and Justine Durfour-Lapointe took the top spots. The moguls team now heads to Val St. Come for the last qualifying event before the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- Heidi Kloser and Pat Deneen both earned second place finishes Wednesday at the USANA Freestyle World Cup in Lake Placid.
- It was Kloser's career best moguls result.
- Deneen clinched an Olympic nomination with his second podium.
- Hannah Kearney and Brad Wilson both took third.
- It was the sixth podium of the season for Kearney and the first for Wilson.
- Bryon Wilson (Butte, MT) finished fourth.
- Six women and six men made it through the qualification round.
- It was an unseasonably warm day at Whiteface, which yielded a soft moguls course.
- One World Cup remains for athletes to qualify for the Olympics with team nominations to be made Jan. 21.
I'm really happy about how today went. Any day you can stand atop the podium with a teammate is a great day. Also having Bryon in fourth place was a nice way to finish. We were skiing really well today. It feels really great knowing that I've clinched my Olympic nomination which makes things a lot easier for me looking towards the last event.
I was a little out of control on my first finals run, going really fast but then when I was able to get it under control I knew I could push it for my next run. I'm really happy with this result and it feels good to be on the podium.