Clark Makes It 14 Straight Wins
SNOWBASIN, UT (Feb. 11) — It was another competition and another victory for Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT) this time at the Dew Tour in Snowbasin where she secured her 14th consecutive superpipe win and claimed the Dew Cup. Clark locked the victory with her 95.0 final run which was just enough to edge Gretchen Bleiler (Aspen, CO) who finished second.
- Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT) won her 14th consecutive event and the Dew Cup.
- Gretchen Bleiler (Aspen, CO) scored a 94.25 for second and Clark beat her by .75.
- Arielle Gold (Steamboat Springs, CA) a Youth Olympic Games silver medalist, qualified for finals and came in sixth.
- China's Xuetong Cai came in third with 89.75.
- Clark left with Bleiler and her Dew Cup in hand to head to the Salt Lake City airport for a 3pm flight to Oslo, Norway for the TTR 6Star World Snowboarding Championships.
- The Dew Tour Cup was Clark's third.
I really had to stay focused on what I came up to do today. Some of my favorite contests that I can remember are when Gretchen and I go head to head and run to run.
Dew Tour puts on some of the best venues that we go to. For me it’s all about the conditions of the halfpipe, and this is one of the best pipes I’ve ridden all year. I’m happy to do so well and to win the Dew Cup.