Brown Wins Big Air Gold At X Games
ASPEN, CO (Jan. 27) – Bobby Brown (Breckenridge, CO) captured gold at freeskiing big air for a career fifth Winter X Games medal. Teammates Gus Kenworthy (Telluride, CO) and Sammy Carlson (Hood River, OR) were fourth and fifth respectively. Brown's winning jump featured a switch double 1440 mute grab. He won a silver in 2011 and regained the gold status he achieved in 2010.
- Bobby Brown captured the fifth Winter X Games medal of his career with gold in big air
- Brown won big air gold in 2010 and silver in 2011
- Brown's tricks included a switch double cork 1440 mute grab and a switch double misty 1260
- Brown finished with 88 points four points ahead of X Games rookie and silver finisher Kai Mahler's 84
- The Big Air course was approximately 300 feet and made up of a single 80-foot step-up jump
It’s all about consistency It’s not about someone coming out with the gnarliest trick ever, it’s just about laying it down when you need to. I am just really stoked. Everyone is at such a high level now no one person is that much further ahead than anyone else.
A dream came true for me definitely. I am super stoked right now and I can’t believe I got silver.