2014 U.S. Freestyle Moguls Team Named
WOLF CREEK, CO (Nov. 23) - The 2014 U.S. Freestyle Moguls Team, led by Olympic Champion Hannah Kearney (Norwich, VT) and Olympic bronze medalist Bryon Wilson (Butte, MT), was named this week in advance of the Dec. 14 FIS Freestyle World Cup season opener in Ruka, Finland. The team was publicly announced at Pagosa Springs Spa and Resort in Colorado on Saturday, Nov. 23 during the Team’s final pre-season on-snow camp at the Wolf Creek Ski Area. The Team also features 2009 World Champion Pat Deneen (Cle Elum, WA), Heather McPhie (Bozeman, MT) and Bradley Wilson (Butte, MT). The World Cup tour moves to the U.S. on Jan. 9-11 for the Visa Freestyle International at Utah’s Deer Valley Resort followed by the USANA Freestyle World Cup Jan. 15-18. in Lake Placid, NY, the final domestic stop before the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
- The U.S. Freestyle Moguls Team named 20 athletes to its team, including Olympic Champion Hannah Kearney (Norwich, VT), Olympic bronze medalist Bryon Wilson (Butte, MT), younger brother Bradley Wilson (Butte, MT), 2009 World Champion Patrick Deneen (Cle Elum, WA) and Heather McPhie (Bozeman, MT), who earned three World Cup wins last season.
- Four newcomers were added to the Team following standout performances last season – Bruce Perry Jr. (Winter Park, CO), Keaton McCargo (Telluride, CO), Troy Murphy (Bethel, ME) and Sophia Schwartz (Sun Valley, ID).
- The Team was named during its final pre-season camp at Wolf Creek Ski Area in southern Colorado, with a public celebration at the nearby Pagosa Springs Spa and Resort.
- The FIS World Cup season opens Dec. 14 in Ruka, Finland.
- Domestic World Cups include the Visa Freestyle International in Deer Valley, UT Jan. 9-11 and the USANA U.S. Freestyle World Cup in Lake Placid, NY, Jan. 15-18.
- The final Olympic Team will be named in late January.
Scott Rawles, Head Coach
I am really looking forward to the upcoming season. We have had great preparation this summer at all of our camps and all the athletes have been working very hard and are very focused on the task at hand this winter. We had an amazing year last season and have a lot of momentum coming in to the upcoming competition season. Everyone knows this is a big year with the Olympics in Sochi and it is going to be an amazing ride with all of the great skiers that we have on our team.
I'm thrilled to be a part of such a strong U.S. Freestyle Mogul team! It's an honor to be named to the team again and to have the opportunity to represent my country heading into the 2014 competiton season. Our team dynamic is great, and we are pushing each other every day to do the best we can!
2014 U.S. Freestyle Ski Team
Name, Hometown, Club (Skis, Boots, Bindings, Poles, Helmet, Eyewear)
* Indicates Olympian
Patrick Deneen (Cle Elum, WA) (Hart, Lange, Look, 180s, Shred, Shred) *
Sho Kashima (South Lake Tahoe, CA; Heavenly Valley Ski Foundation) (ID ONE USA, Look)
Hannah Kearney (Norwich, VT; Waterville Valley Black & Blue Trail Smashers) (Volkl, Marker) *
Heather McPhie (Bozeman, MT; Bridger Freestyle) (Moment, Full Tilt, POC, Oakley) *
Eliza Outtrim (Hamden, CT; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) (Volkl, Marker, Swix, Poc, Oakley)
Dylan Walczyk (Rochester, NY; Ski and Snowboard Club Vail) (Full Tilt, Look)
Bryon Wilson (Butte, MT; Wasatch Freestyle, Deer Valley Resort) (ID ONE USA, Marker, Swix, Bern, Oakley) *
Bradley Wilson (Butte, MT; Wasatch Freestyle, Deer Valley Resort) (Hart, Swix, Bolle)
Jeremy Cota (Carabassette Valley, ME; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) (Bomber, Full Tilt, Swix, Oakley)
Joe Discoe (Telluride, CO; Telluride Freestyle Club) (Volkl, Marker, Oakley)
Heidi Kloser (Vail, CO; Ski and Snowboard Club Vail) (Volkl, Dalbello, Marker, Leki, Oakley)
Mikaela Matthews (Frisco, CO; Team Summit) (Elan, Dalbello, Smith, Bern)
K.C. Oakley (Piedmont, CA; Park City Freestyle Team) (Bomber, Dalbello, Swix, Oakley)
Dave Digravio (Farmington, ME; Carrabassett Valley Academy) (Volkl, Marker, Swix, Poc)
Ali Kariotis (Tiburon, CA; Squaw Valley Freestyle Team) (ID ONE USA, Leki)
Brittany Loweree (Point Lookout, NY; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) (Hart, Tecnica, Look, Leki)
Keaton McCargo (Telluride, Co; Telluride Ski and Snowboard Club)
Troy Murphy (Bethel, ME; Planet Ski International) (Hart, Dalbello, Oakley)
Bruce Perry Jr. (Winter Park, CO; Winter Park Competition Center) (Volkl, Dalbello, Marker, Swix, Poc, Oakley)
Sophie Schwartz (Sun Valley, ID; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) (Volkl, Marker, Leki, Poc)
Scott Rawles, Head Moguls Coach
Garth Hager, Moguls Coach
Harald Marbler, Moguls Coach
Lasse Fahlen, Moguls Coach
Official Freestyle Suppliers
Uniform Logo Sponsors
To see the full list of U.S. Freestyle Team suppliers, click here.
HELP THE TEAM
The U.S. Ski Team relies solely on the support of the American public. Click here to support the team.