2014 Pop-Tarts U.S. Revolution Tour Concludes in Sun Valley
SUN VALLEY, ID (Feb. 27) - After events in Seven Springs and Mammoth Mountain, the 2014 Pop-Tarts U.S. Revolution Tour pulls into its last stop next week at Idaho’s iconic Sun Valley. Part classic ski town, part reinvented terrain park powerhouse, Sun Valley will play venue to men’s and women’s halfpipe and slopestyle competitions for both freeskiing and snowboarding Mar. 3-7. In addition to individual competition winners, overall champions will also be crowned after the conclusion of this season’s final Rev Tour stop.
- After events in Seven Springs and Mammoth Mountain, the 2014 Pop-Tarts U.S. Revolution Tour pulls into its last stop next week at Idaho’s iconic Sun Valley.
- Freeskiing and snowboarding events will take place on Sun Valley’s Dollar Mountain.
- In addition to a regulation halfpipe, Dollar Mountain has Olympic-sized jumps and over 73 terrain park features.
- The Rev Tour continues a long tradition of freestyle skiing at Sun Valley, as Sun Valley helped give birth to freestyle in the 1970s.
- The first event will be halfpipe snowboarding on Tuesday, Mar. 4.
- This final Rev Tour stop is a 4-star TTR event for snowboarding as well as an AFP bronze and FIS NorAm event for freeskiing.
- Overall Rev Tour champions, in addition to competition winners, will be crowned after the conclusion of the Sun Valley Rev Tour stop.
- Friedman Memorial Airport services Sun Valley and features daily direct flights from Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Salt Lake City.
Jack Sibbach, Sun Valley Resort Director of Marketing
We're excited to host the Rev Tour for the second consecutive year and watch this sport's promising young athletes perform at this world-class venue.
Sun Valley Pop-Tarts U.S. Revolution Tour Event Schedule
Tuesday, Mar. 4 — Halfpipe skiing
Wednesday, Mar. 5 — Slopestyle skiing
Thursday, Mar. 6 — Halfpipe snowboarding
Friday, Mar. 7 — Slopestyle snowboarding